Chapter Twenty-two

"Danny.... Danny... honey wake up." Jessica whispered In Danny's ear as they lay wrapped in each others arms. The morning sun was just barely peaking into their bedroom window. Danny stayed still with Jessica laying on her stomach on his chest. She traced her finger up and down his nose until he scrunched it up and shook his head. Jessica laughed at him bringing him out of his sleeping state.

"Hmm... what's wrong Jessie?" he spoke still half asleep.

"Nothing honey I just want to talk to you."

"Baby cant we talk later? Go back to sleep." He held her tight rubbing her back and letting out a long breath.

"Hahah aww did I wear you out?" She said in a cute little baby voice.

Danny laughed his eyes still closed. "Fine baby what do you wanna talk about?"

"I don't know. Just talk to me." She lay back down on his chest listening to his steady heart beat.

"Jess it's 5:30 in the morning, and you want me to talk to you?"

"Yes please." Jessica smiled at him tapping his chest with her finger. "Tell me a story."

"A story?" Danny was puzzled at her child like request. he raised his eyebrows at her still not opening his eyes.

"Yes baby a story.... Please?" she gave him a pouty face and batted her eyelashes.

Danny laughed unable to resist her cute little face. "Anything for you baby girl." He shifted getting comfortable. "Let me see... oh I got one for you...its about a beautiful princess. How dose that sound?"

"Perfect honey."

"Ok lets see how dose this go?" Danny started. "There once was a beautiful princess. She had gorgeous blonde hair and dazzling hazel eyes that changed color all of the time. Sometimes they where green, sometimes they where brown. Everyone in the kingdom envied the princess for her beauty and grace. Her kind heart and never ending sweetness. She would ride down the long streets on her beautiful white horse her long gowns flowing behind her, and everyone would gasp at her beauty. The princess was always being chased after by gentlemen of all kinds looking to take her hand. She always refused intent on being independent. She had so many talents, but remained humble about them seeing herself as just one of the common people. Once the princess was out in the village and crossed paths with a lowly peasant boy. The boy was not as well to do as the princess but none the less he admired her will all of his hart. He longed for nothing more then to be with the princess and make her happy in everyway possible. When he looked into her eyes he could see such sadness and longing. The princess bid the boy a gentle hello and smiled her sweet smile melting his hart. They said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. The boy waited for his princess everyday bumping into her on the street or watching her from afar until he got up the nerve to talk to her. This went on for several weeks until one day the boy received an invitation to have dinner with the princess at her palace. He was so excited that he spent the next week saving up all his wages to buy the princess a beautiful gift. He searched and searched to find something as beautiful as her. Nothing he found came close to her beauty and grace. He finally decided on a single pearl. It shined in the sun like her eyes and its soft glistening surface was like her flowing Champaign hair. He arrived at the palace and was greeted by his lovely princess she stood in a gorgeous gown that flowed to the floor and showed her perfect curves. The fading light of the sun behind her made her glow like an angle. He presented her the single pearl realizing now it was not nearly enough for his love. She took it with gratitude and held it tight to her chest. How he wished to be the pearl to be close to her and feel her warmth. For the first time he could see the clouds in her eyes fade and a ray of happiness shown threw. For months this continued everyday the boy would bring the princess a pearl each one more beautiful then the last. In exchange for the pearl the princess would reward the boy with a day of her company. She showed him things he never knew possible. His love grew for her every day they where together. Each day when the sun was setting he would take her back to the palace and she would place one soft kiss on his lips. Her kiss tasted of honey suckle and her lips where so soft he dreamt all day of just that one kiss. One day the princess finally had enough pearls to make a gorgeous necklace. So the boy took her into the village and asked the blacksmith to forge him a chain to hang her pearls upon. When the necklace was finished he placed it around her neck. Under her beauty the pearls began to shine and glimmer causing her eyes to do the same. That evening when the sun set the boy was rewarded yet again for his gift but this time he received more then just the one sweet kiss. He received the princess' complete and undivided love. For the rest of time they spent every evening wrapped in each others arms watching the sunset from their pales. The pearls shining around the princess' neck and the boys eyes glimmering with his love for her." Danny kissed the top of Jessica's head rubbing her back and looking deep into her eyes. "That's why you are my princess baby.... That is your story."

Jessica started to cry, small tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I love you Danny." She placed a soft kiss on his lips. Danny held her tight kissing her over and over again.

"I love you too princess."