27: The Art of Saving the Winchesters

Dearest Readers,

First of all- 100k? WOW!!! I never expected that, and I thank you ALL for the amazing support for this story so far. I appreciate ALL of you, and I hope you continue to read as the weeks go on!

 These characters are just too much fun to write. And as we start getting more and more into the relationship between Persie and Dean, we start to learn more about them, too. Namely, watch out for more characterization points on Persie in this chapter, because boy oh boy they're just gonna build.

Let me know what you think about where I'm going with her character- and let me know what you think I might just be revealing next ;)

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

Dear gods, she was pissed.

Persephone Jackson, raven hair running down her back in wild waves while wearing PJ's and cozy socks, sat on a stool at the kitchen table, frowning at the cellphone in front of her.

"Persie, honey, what're you doing out here?"

She turned around in the chair to see her mom standing in the doorway of the kitchen, looking at her in worry. "Oh, hi mom."

Sally looked at her, then looked at her phone, and immediately knew what was going on. "That Winchester boy hasn't called back, yet?

She sighed, looking down at the phone again. "No, neither of them have."

Her mom moved to sit on the stool next to her. "Well, it seems the tables have finally turned, my dear."

Her eyebrows raised, turning to face Sally quizzically. "What do you mean?"

"Well, considering it's normally me who is waiting by the phone to hear about an update from you, I find it quite... opposite, to what I'm used to."

"Sorry for not calling more often, mom," Persie muttered, before crossing her arms and looking at the phone again. "If this is half as bad as what you go through as my mother, I can't imagine living like this every day."

Sally shrugged. "It's not like this every day-" she paused. "Well, it was when you went missing that one time. And when you go on those insanely dangerous quests. Those are usually the nights I stay up and wait for a sign, a phone call... anything to know you're okay."

She leaned her shoulder into her mom's. "Love you, mom."

Her mom smiled. "Oh, I love you too, so much." She placed a hand in her daughter's hair, running her fingers through the waves. "I knew what I was getting into, when I had you for a daughter, Persephone. And every moment I have had the pleasure of spending with you, I knew that you were far too special for just this meager world of ours."

She blinked. "What?"

Sally chuckled. "I knew you would amount to unimaginable things, only because you are too kind and loyal for your own good, little fish of mine."

Persie blinked.

"So when you sit here, staring at the phone... I wonder what I would do if I had your powers, speed, and strength, mixed with that immeasurable tenacity, when I was in your shoes when you went missing," Her mom furthered. "And I realize that if I were you, I would do anything and everything in my power to protect the ones I love."

A small tear fell from the corner of Persie's eye. Without a word, Sally wiped it away with a swipe of her thumb.

"You are far too strong, darling, to be sitting here." She smiled. "And if I had your powers, I hope you know I would've found you no matter what."