38: The Journey Inside Dean's Mind

Dearest Readers,

There are lots of realizations in this chapter, and it's definitely one that is going to start turning the tide for the rest of the chapters that make up this season (and possibly even the next one). I hope you all enjoy! Updates are now every Monday, and there may be a few others every once in a while if I'm feeling up to it.

Let me know what you think!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

It became very clear that Dean did not function well without sleep. Not to mention, he seemed to have a habit of going absolutely ballistic while running off of coffee and donuts.

Persie, on the other hand, was enjoying the elixir her father had gifted her, which allowed her to sleep normally. She was thankful that she didn't have to try to stay awake after what happened to her, considering how exhausted she was when she woke up.

She had a feeling if she were Dean right now, she wouldn't be doing much better.

It had been two days since they made the discovery that Dean could now be put under the control of that one weird dude who had apparently seen all her worst nightmares. And who had proceeded to force her to relive them.

If Persie ever met him, she was going to kill him. And she would do it happily.

Dean was currently speeding down the road back to the motel at night after the latest lead was trashed. Bela, who Persie still struggled to speak two words too that weren't threats, has apparently been trying to scry for his location but has kept leading them into dead ends.

Sam was currently trying to calm his brother down while Annabeth was sitting in the back of the Impala with Persie, and was searching something up on her laptop.

To this, Persie was slightly confused as there was no Wi-Fi for the blonde to use, but considering the laptop was magical she didn't bother asking too many questions. She also didn't bother asking why her friend had been keeping her backpack so close to her for the past few days, which was a little out of place for her.

"This Jeremy guy's not a frigging ghost," Dean bit out, putting his foot down on the gas in his frustration. "Where the hell could he be?"

"Dean, are you sure you don't want me to drive?" Sam asked, looking over at how his brother was fidgeting and looked like he was a volcano about to erupt with his anger. "You seem a little..."

Dean's glare cut him off.

"Caffeinated?" Annabeth offered, still looking down at her laptop in front of her with a small dent between her brows as she focused.

Dean looked at her in the rearview mirror, and let out a huff. "Thanks for the news flash, Edison," he grounded out.

Persie put a hand on his shoulder, in what she tried to make a calming gesture. "We're gonna find him, Hot Shot, don't get yourself too worked up."

He let out another grumble, but didn't say any biting words back at her.

She figured at this point that was as nice as she was going to get, at least until the poor man would be able to get some sleep.

His cellphone started to ring, and she bit her lip to hide any sort of amusement at the sight he made while he struggled to get a hold of it from his front pocket. It looked like even Sam in all his worry had a crack a smile.

"Tell me you got something," he demanded harshly, widening Persie's eyes.

She nearly jumped out of her seat when he yelled, "What the hell, Bobby?!"