36: A Different Kind of Darkness

*Possible Trigger Warning for SA- no descriptions and it's only alluded to briefly but please be warned and don't trigger yourself just for this chapter!*

Dearest Readers,

Thank you for all the comments and faithful following. It's been a hot second since I've updated, but I think that'll change pretty quickly here. I hope you enjoy it!

For those of you who are wondering why I would even allude to SA in this chapter and create a possible triggering effect on readers, I would like to point out it's never described or explicitly stated that it's happening, as it's only briefly alluded to. I just want to make sure people are aware before reading and not surprised in the worst way possible.

It occurs to illustrate the depth of Persie's trauma due to what happened to her and why she is the way she is. It becomes obvious why she ran from the demigod world- this was the moment everything changed for her.

I didn't make the decision to include this lightly, and it was one of the reasons I struggled to update this story. However, while writing I discovered there wasn't a way around it as it was a massive turning point for her character that we will start to see take even more prevalence in the next few chapters. 

My next chapter will be out shortly, so if you don't choose to read this one, please stay tuned. Love you all! 

XOXO Ally Layne

Sam was sitting on his laptop when a knock sounded on the door, shaking him out of his research. He let out a sigh as he closed it and got up to answer.

He pulled it open a few inches, only to fully open it as soon as he was met with a familiar face.

"Sorry," Annabeth said, as she walked into the room. "I just forgot my key and a few extra files."

Sam smiled at the slightly frazzled look in her eyes. "Hey, you're fine." He closed the door just as she stopped and turned to face him.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw she was standing right before him, wearing a coat that ended just at her knees. He tripped back against the door with a faint gasp.

She looked up at him through her eyelashes, taking a few short steps to be fully pressed against him. "You okay, Sam?"

His breath caught in his throat.

His eyes traveled her face, the unrelenting desire that seemed to dance in her gray orbs, and then lower, lower, where he swore he could see hints of her breasts as they pressed up against him with every breath she drew in.

"F-Fine."

"Do you want to know why I'm really here?" She got even closer, not that he thought it was even possible, and placed a hand on his cheek.

"Wh-What are you doing?"

"I came for you." She tilted her head, and bit her lip for good measure.

He let out a low groan.

"You feel really, really warm," she said, rubbing her thumb along the bone of his cheek.

His mouth fell open. How was he supposed to speak? To think? What was she... how was she-

Any internal monologue was cut off from the blonde opening her coat, only to be left standing there in a black lace babydoll... and her heels. Damn. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you," she told him, dropping her coat to the floor.

He was about to respond, but was cut off by Annabeth slamming her lips onto his. As soon as their lips met, Sam's arms wrapped around her into a tight embrace, pulling her as close as he could.