5: Hurricanes and Heroes

Readers,

I hope you are all enjoying this so far! Thanks for reading!

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

Persie sat in the back of the Impala as Dean drove up to a parking space just in front of the bar that Richie had told them about. She looked down and stared at the shorts she had cut from a pair of her jeans that was mutilated by a monster a year ago and the t-shirt Annabeth had gotten her from Athens.

She was definitely out of place, here.

There were dozens of women dressed in short-cropped skirts and shorts, tank-tops, or other types of shirts showing their cleavage, and most of them had their hair down and let it all hang out for the men to gaze upon.

Persie definitely was not dressed like she was about to go bar hopping in Vegas, not that she'd ever done that in the first place. But these women looked ready for a night of fun, and the demigoddess was not feeling the same way.

Her own hair was pulled back in a ponytail and she twisted the end around her right pointer finger nervously as the boys got out of the Impala with their jaws hanging loose and eyes wide at the sight in front of them.

"I thought you said this was some boarded-up factory town?" She heard Dean voice, who's gaze was following a flock of women giving him the "come get me" eyes.

Sam let out a cough as he looked at the ladies surrounding them, too. "It is," he insisted. "Or, at least, it's supposed to be."

Persie rolled her eyes at the smirk that slowly spread across Dean's face. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's do some research."

She let out a groan as Dean started to walk around, eyeing every woman that came close enough for him to get a good look at. Sam slowed so he could walk at her side, which was nice but definitely not necessary. "You good?"

"Of course, Sammy," she said. "I'm not dressed to impress so I'm not too worried about a guy getting too handsy."

His eyebrows raised. "That's not what I meant."

She blinked, and nodded her thanks as he held the door open for her to walk into the bar. "Then what did you mean?"

"Well, it's just that I know my brother is being a bit much with all of these women and sometimes-"

"Sammy, Princess, get over here!"

Sam and Persie looked over to see Dean standing with none other than Richie himself, who was posing in a new shirt that definitely screamed New Jersey to the demigod.

Eventually, after having to avoid moving bodies and boobs pressing into Persie's back from being too closely packed in the bar, they made it over to the two men. "Hey." Richie nodded to them, though stopped to give Persie a once-over. "And hello to you, sweets."

Persie rolled her eyes and looked away from the man, not noticing the nasty look Dean gave Richie for that comment. Sam felt a small smile start to tug on his lips. Something interesting was cooking between the two of them, and he was probably the only one who could see it.

"Bringing satin back?" Dean gruffly asked, still eying the other man warily for how his eyes never left the demigod. "And she's not a prostitute so keep your hands off of her."

Persie blinked at the sudden shift. "And I don't need you telling guys to stick away from me," she told Dean, poking him in the chest. "I'm the one who calls the shots when the shots are about me."