𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲

𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 1 𝐨𝐟 2

ABOUT

Known as the pretty little heir to the Nichols & Wagner dynasty, spoiled socialite Kennedy Nichols is used to the limelight, admiration, and most of all, having her way. Except when it comes to love and her future. Forced into an engagement to a man she fears for the good of her family's business, Kennedy is desperate to find a way out of the nuptials, so she does the next best thing: runs away.

Jaded but hopeful, Keith Avery is doing his best to keep his head above water after a lifetime of screw-ups and letting down those he loves. Depended upon by those in his community and the family he has left, he has no time for games. And most of all drama, especially after being betrayed by the last woman he gave his heart to.

When Kennedy and Keith meet one fateful night, their differences and their hate is instant. To her, he's a rugged, tattooed smug mechanic, and to him, she's an annoying, spoiled ice queen. But beneath the hate is a simmering attraction neither can resist. Soon the two embark on a fiery forbidden affair that can leave everything they stand for in ruins.

EPIGRAPH

❝ 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚏 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛. ❞

– 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐥

SIMILAR TO

In tone with The Need to Know and Deeper's voices

POV

Two

GENRE

Drama/Romance

INSPO

I was initially inspired by "the Matrimony" music video by Wale featuring Usher, a wedding day and a reluctant bride. And I was going to give this plot to a secondary character in another book of mine where she would have a run-in with a mechanic who irks her but arouses her, but I liked her fiancé for her, thus, Kennedy was created instead.