𝐕.

My entire body was tender and throbbing as I showered at Jadyn's

My entire body was tender and throbbing as I showered at Jadyn's. Touching every ache brought on a new memory of what happened at the garage. Just thinking about it drove my hand between my thighs to relieve some of the pressure—as if I could do myself any justice after that.

    I was incredibly sore, standing proved to be just as challenging as walking, but yet mentally I was fully charged. I'd never been touched like that, and even if another round would surely break me, I wanted to do it again. Keith hadn't made love to me. He fucked me—hard, without restraint, and without an apology.

In the aftermath, I felt empty. His sex filled me and overwhelmed me as he took me on a journey I would never forget, bursting my expectations until I was seeing stars. The moment we separated I felt his absence and a blanket of coldness I couldn't shake.

Ruined. Just one taste of him and I felt ruined for other men. At least, I thought he was way better than my ex.

Keith was a stranger to me, but he'd left an imprint I felt in every step I took.

In hindsight, I was glad I hadn't kissed him. I would've left that garage without my soul intact, and I was going to cling to it while I still could before I handed it over to my future husband.

Okay, I was probably being extra dramatic about marrying Cain, but I deserved to be.

Had we been a real couple, then perhaps I would've considered my little liaison "adultery," but because my hand was forced, I didn't feel guilty at all. A part of me wanted to go and rub it in his face, but then I considered the darkness surrounding Cain's person and I didn't want to test him.

It all came crashing back to me, the engagement and the truth of what this was. My last night of freedom where I'd had a one-night stand with a stranger, but come morning, I'd have to face reality and the rest of my life.

I came out of the bathroom after my shower at Jadyn's place wearing a night shirt she'd lent me. Typically, we weren't the same size, due to Jay being five-one and all. Still, the shirt hung heavy on me, as she'd gotten it in two sizes too big for occasions like snuggling up on the couch or in bed.

I gathered my clothing and stuffed them in a plastic grocery bag. Mentally, I penciled in the idea of hitting the drycleaners as soon as possible. I may not have wanted to go to my engagement party, but I did love that dress.

Jadyn was out in the living room when I found her. Her house was small and intimate, the perfect size for her since she was single and childless. The most company Jay kept was the stray cats she often fed. She was a penchant for feeding the felines. Even more, when they became regulars, she'd name them. As of now, I recalled there was a Sylvester, a Greyer, a Midnight, and a Lionel. It was wholesome how she'd get excited about each visit from one of her furry friends and send me a photo of one eating from the paper bowls she'd set out her door.