𝐗𝐗.

The Cigar Room was located in downtown Bedford Heights

The Cigar Room was located in downtown Bedford Heights. It was an exclusive men's only lounge on Sundays, akin to its sister bar The Lipstick Hub who hosted lady's night on Fridays.

    Sunday night I gathered around a black lacquer round table as I sat comfortably in a leather armchair talking amongst my boys I'd known since we was kids.

    The room was dim as groups of men hung around other tables and booths. Some sat up at the bar, shooting the shit with the bartender or texting on their phones. In private rooms, other groups could be found holding exclusive poker games.

    TVs hung up on nearly every wall in the large main space of The Cigar Room. Some were playing football highlights, and others were playing recaps of the latest NBA game.

    I pulled my attention from the grueling defeat of the night's Lakers versus Pelicans match and shook my head.

    The Lakers were letting me down this season.

    At my table, Makai and Savon were engrossed in whatever Gavin had been saying. Makai was shaking his head and Savon was doing his best not to humor Gav—which let me know Gavin was on one.

    "Look, all I'm saying is, if you're going to suck my dick in the morning, brush your teeth first," Gavin declared.

    I managed a snort as the others let loose and laughed a little.

    "Bruh, be happy any woman wants to go near that thing," Makai joked.

    Gavin held his arms out, scrunching up his face. "So, I'm a bad guy because I want fresh breath on my shit? Nah, y'all just nasty."

    Makai flipped Gavin the bird and Gav shrugged it off before taking a pull from his cigar.

    Nights at The Cigar Room used to be a casual thing for our group. One person paid for the cigars and another person paid for the drinks and food. We rotated each trip to the lounge.

    Tonight, Makai was sponsoring our cigars while I copped the drinks, D'Ussé for the guys and a beer for me.

    At one point, our group had been bigger, with the added body of our friend DreSean. He'd gotten married and had a baby girl, and could only break free once in a blue moon. Whenever he could get out of the house, DreSean chose to do so with his wife for date night. Didn't blame him, he seemed content. I was happy for D.

    Men's only night or not, that didn't mean the female staff of The Cigar Room didn't get to work. Our waitress came over and checked on our table as she issued out a round of smiles at all of us. When her gaze landed on me and lingered, I took the time to appraise her silently. Big beautiful natural coils, smooth butter pecan skin, and a cute smile as she gave me all of her attention.

    "Can I get you anything?" she asked the table, but her eyes were on me.

    Gavin picked up his Brandy snifter and whirled around its contents. "Nah, I'm good over here."