𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈.

"Are you sure that's what you want to wear?" Keith asked me for the third time since I'd gotten dressed after my shower

I took in my six-inch gladiator heels and my little white dress that was off the shoulder. Maybe to many it wasn't ideal to shop in, but it was all that I had packed.

   Besides, I wanted to look cute.

   "Yeah," I said as I turned away from my reflection. Keith was standing in the doorway as I finished prepping in the master bath.

   "That's a lot of walking in heels," Keith pointed out.

   It would be, but I could endure it. "I'm sure if I get tired someone will offer me a piggyback ride."

   Keith stroked his jaw. "Someone huh?"

   "Mmm-hmm, we'll be in public, so I'm sure there'll be some nice man willing to—"

   Keith was on me, cornering me against the bathroom counter. A giggle escaped my lips as he lifted me up and set me on the counter.

   He nipped my bottom lip and I released a pathetic moan. God, I was weak for this man.

   "Before I'm through with you I'm going to fuck you all over this house," he swore.

   I hoped he was never through.

   I braced myself by grabbing onto his arms. If we got carried away, he'd have me all over his counter and mirror.

   Keith grinned against the corner of my mouth. "Let's go."

   He stepped back and helped me down from the counter.

   We didn't have sex. We went out to his Tahoe and went to the grocery store.

   I sat beside him giddy as ever as he drove comfortably with one hand on the wheel. His hip-hop was playing throughout the truck. Jadakiss and Styles P were rapping about "making it."

   I was enjoying the song when Keith lowered the volume.

   "Question," he began as he glanced my way. "Have you ever paid a bill?"

   Instantly, I shrank. He wanted to talk about this now?

   "Why?" I asked.

   "I just wanna know, I'm curious," Keith said.

   Still. "You'll just laugh."

   Keith scrunched his face up. "I'm not gon' judge you. It's just us."

   Us.

   Such a simple word, but yet it left behind a strong sense of yearning. We were only supposed to be strictly physical, but I liked the time we spent together not having sex. I liked the idea of us.