𝐗.

I thought it was a fluke

I thought it was a fluke. Just a wild one-off I'd think about from time to time. There was no way I'd see her again.

But then she called.

And here we were.

She lay there, naked, tangled in my sheets, wearing my baseball cap. Kennedy had put it on to be a pest, but I liked the sight of her in it, lying there. Her foot was poking out of the end of the sheets, exposing her white painted toe nails.

I stood at the end of the bed, taking her in, completely mesmerized. If she were mine, I would've taken a picture to cement the memory.

But she didn't belong to me.

Kennedy told me she couldn't love me. It wasn't something I needed to hear. Especially after Leila. But for the time being, I could deal with a little no-strings attached sex every now and then as I figured myself out.

There just had to be rules in place. A clear guideline to keep things organized and concise.

And right now, we were already breaking rules.

The day had winded down, the sun already having sank in the sky. She'd wanted to come back to bed, and I'd indulged her.

As a true test to my willpower, I took her on her back, peering into her eyes as I buried myself deep inside her. The sensation of Kennedy made me weak on impact and it took great strength to hold it together. To accept that something in life could feel that fucking good. Watching her unravel for me, feeling her clench around me, hearing her sounds of pleasure, it all drove me to the edge. Before long, I brought her to the brink, until she was awash in waves of exhilaration, soon coming to shore behind her.

It definitely wasn't a fluke, and as long as we kept our emotions in check, I wouldn't mind keeping it going.

I was only wearing my joggers, an attempt to keep myself off of her. Her smooth dark brown leg sticking out of my navy bedding called to me. The teasing smile on her full lips I'd yet to taste, irked me. The smell of her perfume soaking the air, made my nose twitch.

It had been too long since I'd had a woman over. Especially like this.

I shook my head. "See, this can't happen."

Kennedy fingered my sheets. "Are you kicking me out, Keith?"

I opened my mouth, but the sound of her stomach growling cut in.

Kennedy frowned, pressing her palm to her middle as she sat up. "Guess I should be going."

She said dinner wasn't necessary, but I couldn't let her go like this. "Nah, stay. I can whip somethin' up for you real quick."

Kennedy bit her lip, a habit I noticed she held. A distracting habit. "No, it's okay."

"Let me feed you," I insisted.