𝐗𝐈.

"So, what happened?" Jadyn asked me over the phone Wednesday afternoon

    I had just got in from my Pilates class and was munching on some grapes as I lay out on my sofa.

    Jadyn's question sprang forth a vivid memory of what had gone down during my impromptu visit to Keith's that past Sunday.

    Not that I would tell anyone, but I found myself to be incredibly limber these days.

    It had been a while since Gaius, and sex was like a new awakening all over again. 

    Just the thought of Keith taking me on my back, my legs on his shoulders, made my middle burn. Every inch of him was big, leaving my body to have to accommodate him. I wasn't sure I'd ever get used to sex with him. He only fucked me, and I couldn't stop myself from wondering what it was like to have him go slow, to make love to my body, and be gentle.

    I liked Keith's sex, but I was curious.

    Then, I supposed, candles and sensuality were probably a bad mix for what we were doing. To be tender. To be affectionate. It would cross a line, and I feared I'd slip and tumble down that rabbit hole.

    The no-strings thing was easier in college. Now that I was a little bit older, and dated seriously, there was a piece of me that missed romance. A connection.

    I just had to accept that I couldn't have it all.

    "K?" Jadyn pressed on, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Don't just leave me in the dark."

    "Right, sorry," I apologized. "I went over to his house and we hooked up."

    "And...?"

    And I decided to be stupid and jump into a committed non-relationship with him. "I fucked up."

    "Oh no," Jadyn responded, sounding worried.

    "We had sex and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I should've just left, but I didn't," I said. "He was outside smoking and I went out to see him. I told him I wanted to see him again, but only like that." I rubbed at my neck, remembering Keith's reaction. "And he said if he's sleeping with me, no one else can."

    Jadyn sucked in a breath. "Well, shit."

    "I know."

    "You down for that?"

    "I mean, we're basically in a committed no-strings relationship," I pointed out. "But, I guess, I can deal with that. At least I know he won't stray."

    "What are the chances of you getting two men who want fidelity from you?" Jadyn joked. "And neither mean a thing."

    Keith wasn't supposed to mean anything, and Cain never would. He was more so my warden.