𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.

She didn't listen

She didn't listen.

    I only agreed to go to bed with Kennedy if we stuck to our sides. I even lingered in the living room after her shower, going and taking my time to do her laundry. By the time I'd run the dryer, smoked a cigarette out back, and took my own shower after cleaning the kitchen, she was still up. As tired as she was, Kennedy waited for me to come to bed.

    She greeted me with a tired smile from behind my copy of Night Changes. The little thief was in one of my white T-shirts—a fair compromise because I wasn't strong enough to go to bed beside her naked body.

    I got in on my side and laid back, exhausted. Before long, I was asleep.

    At some point, in the middle of the night, I woke up to her body against mine, and one of her legs was tangled around one of mine.

    She didn't listen.

    But I wasn't complaining.

    When I woke up again in the morning, I got up to brush my teeth and wash my face. I wasn't due at the garage until noon, so sleeping in a little longer was my initial plan. Until Kennedy.

    She was up when I came back to bed. She'd used the half bath out in the hall, and as I went to get back under my comforter, she slipped by to no doubt brush her teeth.

    Closing my eyes, I prepared to get a little moment of sleep.

    "Hey."

    She was back in the room now, her soft voice intruding in on my sleep.

    "Hmm?" I didn't bother opening my eyes, sometimes looking at her was too much.

    "What time do you gotta go in to work?" she asked.

    "Noon."

    "Ah." Soon, I felt her on the bed, standing. "So we got a little time."

    My eyes opened and found her standing between my legs, grinning down at me. My shirt hung like a dress on her. She was the tallest woman I'd ever messed around with, and I loved the sight of her bare legs.

    Reaching out, I ran my hands up her calves and pulled her down to me. She caught herself before she could fall. Her hands shot out and landed on either side of my head. She was in my face, giggling, and my eyes soaked in her mouth, her plump lips. She came down and straddled me and I got lost in her eyes. In her attention.

    "Can we...have a little fun before you go in?" she asked in a shy voice.

    I liked her shy side.

    "Fun you say?" I played dumb.

    Kennedy nodded, licking her lips and slowly sliding down my body. Before I could question what she was up to, I got the idea loud and clear when her fingers curled around the waistband of my sweats and tugged. I wasn't wearing anything underneath, giving her complete access to me. One touch and she lit the flame.