Chapter Thirty ~ Luke

I flinch to the bedroom door slamming loudly, sighing heavily I toss my car keys on the cabinet before glancing up the stairs again. I spot a takeaway menu to her favourite chippy, hoping like hell this will be an in for me I sigh again before climbing the stairs. "Baby, do you want me to order some food in?" I ask hesitantly.

I stop outside our bedroom door and knock gently. "Babe?"

"Go away" she growls.

"But—" I say softly as I try to open the door but it's locked.

"I said go the fuck away, Luke" Helen hisses.

My heart drops at her words. "Baby, I'm trying to protect you"

I met with silence, I knock gently again. "You do know that don't you, babe?" I ask trying to get her to speak to me but I'm met with silence once again.

I decide to leave her arse upstairs to calm down. "I don't know why I'm getting the silent treatment when all I'm trying to do is fucking protect her" I grumble to myself as I walk down the stairs.

I enter the living room and sit down on the couch flipping through the telly, I settle on sky news when I see my girl walking past the living room door going towards the kitchen. Putting the remote down, I quietly follow her to the kitchen where she's raiding the fridge.

Risking my balls, I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, well—I try to but that's thwarted when she elbows me in the side. "Ow, fuck—" I hiss. "The fuck was that for?" I growl.

She ignores me, giving me the silent treatment once again. "You're fucking being childish now, babe" I growl.

Fuck...

I gulp when I see her shoulders tense, and her body still her movements, she thankfully puts down the knife she was using to make herself a sandwich not even bothering to ask me if I wanted one...

"I'm being childish?" She asks calmly.

I bravely shrug. "You're giving me the silent treatment, pulling a strop by stomping upstairs locking yourself in our room—our layla used to pull that shit too, it's childish"

She nods slowly before turning her back towards me again. "Get out" she says calmly.

The fuck she say?

"Excuse me?" I ask thinking she can't of asked me to leave.

"I said" she growls. "Get. Out" she hisses.

Okay then, she did...

"What the fuck for?" I hiss.

"You can't be so fucking thick as to ask me why I want you out my home" she hisses.

"Oh, it's your house now is it?" I bite back.

"Just leave, Luke" she asks sadly.

"Tell me why, and I will" I tell her.

I won't like, but I won't tell her that...

"Seriously?" She laughs but her face is anything but comical right now, she's straight up pissed.

"Go on" I say as I lean against the kitchen sink.

"Today with Pat" she says to me.

"Yeah, and?" I shrug. "I told you, I did that to protect you"

"No, what you did was go all fucking alpha Luke, not once talking to me about it all, and you didn't even ask Pat if it was okay to start my maternity leave early—you fucking demanded it" she hisses.