Chapter Forty Two ~ Helen

"God, I'm fucking stuffed" Amber moans rubbing her tummy.

Eva scoffs. "I'm not surprised after the shite you've just ate, I really don't get how you're so fucking thin"

"Stop hating on my genetics, Eva. Jealousy does not become you" Amber states with a grin.

"She's not wrong though" lissa states. "You've just walloped abar three meals in one sitting and there's not a pick on you"

Amber simply shrugs. "What can I say, Genetic's are a fickle thing" she chuckles.

"I'll say. I wish I had decent genes" Lissa mopes.

**knock knock**

I go to get up and Layla stops me. "I'll get it, babe"

"It's probably Marcus," Amber stares from her chair as she stands up.

"Oh. Okay" before placing my hand over my belly.

"Did you find anything?" Amber shouts before Marcus even steps foot in the living room.

"Well, if you would give me a bloody chance I could tell you what I've got" Marcus snips as he stands there soaking wet.

"I take it it's raining outside?" Amber muses.

"Nah, love I decided to throw a bucket of water over my head before I knocked" Marcus replies sarcastically.

"Oh, my god. I'm so sorry, lemme just go get you a towel or something before you catch a cold" I say trying to get up from the couch when I get a sudden sharp pain in my stomach and sit back down.

"Well done, Marcus. Now look what you've done" Amber sighs.

"What the fuck have I done now?" He growls.

"Look at her, she's heavily pregnant and she's gonna end up going into labour trying to get up to get you a bloody towel" Amber growls. "Go upstairs and dry yourself off"

"Amber" I say before she cuts me off.

"It's fine, babe" Amber states before looking to Marcus who is still stood there. "Well go on then"

"I swear I don't get paid enough to deal with this shit" Marcus mutters as he leaves the living room.

"That's a bare faced lie, and you know it Marcus Slater" Amber growls prowling after him.

"You know would it kill you to talk to me like a fucking human being, Amber?" Marcus hisses.

"What are you talking about?" Amber asks confused.

"Nothing, just forget it," Marcus sighs. "Helen, it was lovely to see you again, I'm just gonna leave these here and you can look over them, I'll also leave my business card with my contact details on so you can reach out once you've made a decision. I'll see you" he says before leaving the house.

Woah...

"What the fuck is his problem?" Amber asks as she sits down.

"You do talk to him like shite sometimes, babe" Eva states.

"What? No I don't" Amber scoffs then frowns. "Do I?"

"Yeah" we all state.

Her eyes flash with remorse. "Well fuck," Amber sighs before getting her phone out. "Marcus? Can you come back please, I need to talk to you," we watch as she listens on the other end. "I just wanted to apologise for my behaviour towards you and I wanted to do that face to face"

We watch as she has a conversation with Marcus on the phone, another sharp pain hits me in my stomach again. "Hey," Layla asks as she looks at me in concern. "Are you okay?"