Chapter Twenty- Luke

"Bride or groom?" A young man asks me as I enter the church.

"Er, I know both, but Clayton's sister is my girlfriend, so—" I say with a shrug.

"You'd be on Clayton's side then" he tells me as he hands me a leaflet which I realise is a wedding program.

"Cheers" I smile politely.

Sitting down near the front, I wait for my girl to make her entrance. I can't fucking believe I've been called in to work, but I guess finding the body of a mafia bosses son will do that. One thing I do know is that now we have two mafia bosses son's dead, this is just the start—it's war between the two most dangerous mafia gangs in the UK.

I never thought I'd see such a thing during my time on the force, but things change. No doubt it started off small, one gang selling their narcotics on another's turf, that shit gets back to the boss and that's it. Now we're here, two mafia son's dead all because of their father's greed for money—power and their pride.

Now they have the deaths of their son's on both their hands, I'd feel sorry for them, but I don't, being who they are is what got them here in the first place.

Suddenly music starts to play and everyone around me begins to stand, I stand up in hurry not wanting to miss anything when I do their is a cute little flower girl throwing petals in the air giggling away, she must be about three or four years old, seeing her smiling and giggling makes me think of my own kid...will it be a boy or a girl? I'm not really bothered myself, I know I had a damn near panic attack the first time we talked about the gender but honestly, it's nothing but arming myself with a few guns won't do, teenage boys only think with their dicks, so if I have a little girl, their dicks will be hung if they come near my girl.

Someone nudges me from behind, I look back and there sat with her husband colton is my sister Layla, with Craig, Catherine, Eva and Justin and Russ with Amber.

What are they doing here?

"Here's Helen" my sister tells me grinning from ear to ear.

I look from my sister to the aisle where Helen is currently walking down. My throat catches as the pure beauty coming towards me, Jesus Christ, she's stunning, she's coming down on the arm of her dad Colin. Her hair is up with scattered curls hanging down, her sunflower yellow dress is long that wraps around the neck making it look like she's wearing a necklace.

 Her hair is up with scattered curls hanging down, her sunflower yellow dress is long that wraps around the neck making it look like she's wearing a necklace

"She's breathtaking" I murmur to myself.

Helen blushes, smiling brightly as she looks down briefly at her feet as if she heard me. I smile like some love sick fool as she comes closer towards me, Colin is smiling proudly, politely at people, once his gaze hits mine it drops into a sneer. The fuck?

"Oh, someone's gone an peed off big Colin" Craig chuckles. "Ow" I hear him hiss. "Not cool, tink" he growls.

Helen looks up to her dad with so much love, his sneer morphs into his former smile, Helen catches his expression and scowls at him before looking at me and mouths sorry to me. I shrug because what are you gonna do? He's her dad, he's gonna have to get used to me sooner or later, I'm his grandchild's father, I love his daughter and I plan to marry her when the time is right.