Chapter Ten- Helen

"That went alright, don't ya think?" Luke says as we pull into my driveway.

"It could of been way worse, like" I laugh, as I stare at my house, not wanting to leave him just yet.

"So, I know I've just drove you home and all, but I was wondering" Luke says softly with a hint of nervousness to his voice. "Would you like to come out on a date with me?"

"Now?" I ask him.

"Yeah, unless you wanna go another—" he says before I cut him off putting my finger to his lips.

"I'd love to" I tell him.

My finger stays on his warm soft lips, his eyes darken as his tongue peeks out to touch my finger making me gasp. He kisses my finger then and entwines his hand with mine as he reverses out my driveway. "Where would you like to go?" he asks me.

"What didn't you have anything planned?" I tease him.

He blushes slightly. "Not really" he shrugs. "I just didn't wanna say goodbye to you just yet" he tells me.

My heart soars from his words, loving the fact he didn't wanna leave just as I didn't. "Me, neither" I admit shyly.

"Really?" He smiles brightly at me.

"Yeah" I giggle.

"Okay, so, um—how about some food first? Are you hungry?" he asks me.

I'm fucking starving...

I nod. "I could eat" I tell him, my stomach rumbles backing me up.

Luke chuckles as I blush furiously. "Well, I am eating for two now remember?"

Luke's eyes come to my stomach briefly, before his gaze is back on the road with the biggest smile on his face. "Yeah" he says softly. "Come on, lets get my babies fed"

My heart warms from his words, though a side of me wants to be careful, Luke has a rep as my dad said, whether that's true or not—I don't know, but I need to think of my heart and of course, my baby.

"Are you okay, beauty?" He asks me breaking me out of my inner turmoil.

"What? Oh, yeah, sorry—I sort of, spaced out, I guess" I lie.

"You sure?" He asks with a look of concern.

"Yeah" I nod. "Now are you gonna feed me or what?" I tease him

He chuckles taking our entwined hand to his lips, placing a kiss there. "Alright, alright—I know just the place" he tells me.

We drive for a bit longer, talking about his job, my job, his nephew, when we arrive outside The Chinese Buffet which is an all you can eat, type of place, which is fucking okay with me considering I'm starving. "Well? Did I pick good?" He asks me as he opens my door to let me out.

"Yeah, you did" I grin.

"Come on then, beauty" he says as he gets out the car and comes around to my side to open my door, he holds his hand out for me to take as he helps me out the car but doesn't let my hand go once I'm out.

As we make our way up the spiral stairs of the restaurant, I admire the decor, all the Chinese dragon statues and the stunning crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. "Hi, May I help you?" A young girl asks as we approach the podium.

"Table for two, please" Luke asks her.

"This way, please" she smiles politely as she escorts us to our table. "Here you go" she smiles again. "Would you like anything to drink?" She asks us as we sit down.