Chapter Thirty Three ~ Luke

"So how we gonna do dis?" Clayton asks when we've arrived at smitty's property.

"Nothin' " Saint says softly. "We need to do this carefully" he adds looking at the huge gated building.

"I'll go in" Colin says. "He knows me"

He does?

"Not on your own, you won't" Saint growls. "I'll come with you"

"Fine" Colin mutters.

Saint looks to me and Clayton. "You two stay here"

"Saint" I argue.

"Son, listen to me—you gotta stay here, okay? Trust me on this" Saint says softly before walking towards the gate with Colin not waiting for a reply.

Me and Clayton watch as Saint and Colin walk through the gates once they're allowed through.

The entire thing is making me uneasy. "How come this fella is after our Helen anyway?" Clayton asks after a beat of silence.

I look to him before sighing in defeat. "He's not after Helen he's using her as a way to get to me" I tell him.

"Why?" He growls.

"Because I think vinnie killed smitty's son, and I kinda hinted to Smitty that he did" I tell him.

"Fuuuuuck" Clayton replies shocked.

"Yup" I sigh. "So we had him brought in for questioning to see where he was around the time of the murder, but he had an alibi"

"His girl?" Clayton guesses.

"Yeah" I nod. "But Vinnie's on smitty's radar now, so he's having to tread carefully"

"And now Vinnie's gunning for you?" Clayton guesses.

"Yup" I tell him.

"Well, fuck" Clayton hisses.

"My sentiments exactly, mate" I huff.

"So what's gonna happen ere?" He asks gesturing to smitty's house.

"Not got a fuck all of a clue" I sighed heavily. "I'm hoping Smitty knows where Vinnie's go to spots are"

"Why wouldn't Smitty just kill the motherfucker?" Clayton growls. "If I found out anyone had touched a hair on my kids head, heads would roll mate"

"Can't prove anything yet" I shrug. "Just an assumption" I add.

"Smitty's a smart mofo' though, he knows something" Clayton muses.

"No doubt" I agree. "Reckon he's biding his time"

"Why would he wanna kill off his bosses kid though?" Clayton wonders out loud. "I don't get it"

"I think Smitty was gonna give Smitty Jnr control of the south side docks, which has a lot of import shipments coming through from the likes of china and that" I tell him. "Guess who runs it and didn't want it taken from him"

"Vinnie" Clayton guesses. "So what is it? Drugs?"

"Most likely, but I can't prove anything yet" I say in frustration. "Vinnie seems to be one step ahead of us"

"Get down" Clayton hisses suddenly.

"What?" I growl.

"I think it's vinnie" he growls.

"Fuck" I hiss. "How'd you know it's him?"

"Lissa told me the description of the car on the phone" he tells me. "The fuck is he doin? Scoping the place?"

Luke & His Runaway Love (Book Two Of The "And His" Series) (WIP)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें