Chapter Forty Three ~ Luke

Ten Minutes Later

"You haven't got dis" Maria scolds Helen. "You just fucking vomited all over the room like that girl from the exorcist, child. Now give me the mouthpiece" she growls trying to take the gas and air from Helen.

"I'm fine" Helen slurs. "Baby, tell Maria I'm fine" she says trying to look all seductive like but she just looks pissed drunk her eyes are all over the place and I'm not even sure she's even looking at me or the fucking wall.

"Babe, give the mouthpiece to Maria" I coo trying to gently remove the mouthpiece from her hand. "Come on now, do it for me"

"Why?" She pouts and I notice she's got vomit on her chin making me baulk. "Kiss me" she purrs.

"Er.." I stutter trying to not look at her because I know I'll look at her chin if I do. "Maria do me a favour and wipe her chin for me, please"

"Why what's wrong with my chin?" Helen asks and then she does the most disgusting thing ever and sticks her tongue out licking up the sick. "There is it gone now?" She asks me.

I look at her before I bolt to the bathroom that's in her room and bring up my breakfast this morning all I can hear is Maria cackling her evil arse off. "Luke, what's wrong?" Helen shouts.

"What's wrong is your boy got squeamish after seeing you lick up the vomit from your chin like it was fucking ice cream" Maria cackles. "Fucking dirty arse"

"Oh" Helen replies. "I didn't taste like sick"

I groan at her words. "Babe, shhh"

"You okay in there mr policeman? Cos you gotta hurry up, Helen needs you now, shits about to get real" Maria announces.

I reach in my pocket quickly and get three chewies from my wrigleys extra pot and shove them in my mouth before I go back into the room. Helen is panting now, reaching for me and I go to her immediately. "Sorry baby, I get a bit squeamish with vomit" I say sheepishly.

"It's okay" she said softly. "Everyone is squeamish about something"

"I can't wait to see his face when he sees the afterbirth" Maria cackles before looks at the screen. "Oh, babe, here's a contraction"

Helen grabs my hand and squeezes the fuck out of it, and I mean she's fucking squeezing it hard. I'm trying to not sound like a fucking pussy but fuck—if she carries on she's gonna break my fucking hand. "Babe, my hand" I choke.

"Oh, I'm sorry" Helen hisses releasing my hand. "I'm just trying to push a human out of my fucking fanny and you're moaning about your fucking hand? You fucking pussy" she bellows in pain shocking the shit out of me.

Maria is bent over crying her eyes out in laughter pointing at me. "Your fucking face" she cackles. "Oh, where's me phone"

"Stop pissing about and help me" Helen hisses in pain. "Oh, god. It hurts, Luke it hurts" she looks at me with tears in her eyes whimpering in pain reaching for me.

I instantly go to her giving her my hand. "I'm here beauty, I'm not going anywhere" kissing her forehead.

"I love you" she whimpers. "I'm sorry I called you a pussy"

I chuckle. "It's okay, I was being a pussy to be fair, but I'll lie if anyone asks" making her giggle.

"Oh, god. Here's another one" Helen whimpers.

"Breathe, baby" I coo. "Breathe through it" I wince as her hand tightens around mine.

"Looks like you need to take your own advice, Me Policeman" Maria teases from the opposite side of helen.

I flip her off making her chuckle. "Can you two just get along, please?" Helen hisses. "I'm trying to push my daughter out and you two bickering aren't helping"

"Sorry" me and Maria mutter.

"Fuck" helen hisses. "This is pissing me off"

"Can you not give her anything else for the pain?" I ask Maria.

"She's too far gone for the epidural now. Not that she wanted that anyway, but I can give her the pethidine" Maria tells me. "Is that what you want, babe?" Maria asks helen.

"Yeah, please" Helen sighs once another contraction ebbs. "Our daughter is being stubborn"

"Takes after her mummy" I tease.

"Right, babe. Sharp scratch" Maria says before she pushes a needle in Helen's thigh and she doesn't even fucking flinch. "There you go, babe"

"Thanks, babe" Helen says softly to Maria.

"I'm just gonna shout Jo in to help me clean up a bit, I won't be a minute" Maria says before leaving the room.

"She's alright her" I say as the door closes.

Helen looks at me with the biggest smile on her face. "She's the best" she sighs.

"She likes to torment the fuck outta me but she's alright and she loves my girl" I tell her. "Obviously not as much as me like"

She smiles again and puckers her lips wanting a kiss, I smile giving her what she wants when the door opens again and Maria walks in with another woman in tow. "Well look who's here" Jo cries happily. "We've missed you, come ere give me a love"

Helen chuckles giving Jo a hug. "Hey, Jo. I've missed you too"

"And you must be the baby daddy? Mr Policeman?" Jo asks looking at me.

"The names Luke, Helen's fiancé and the father of the baby, nice to meet you" I tell her.

"Oh, I like him," she tells Helen. "I like you, Mr Policeman" she grins as she steps closer to me. "But lemme tell you, you fuck up with our Helen here, and I'll fuck you up—okay?"

Helen gasps and Maria chuckles. "Jo, you can't go round threatening police officers" Helen chokes.

"Oh, sure I can babe" Jo coos. "If he loves you then he'll take what I said into consideration"

I chuckle at her. "I've had all this from her family, and like I told them, Helen is my world, my everything. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her and now that our daughter is nearly here all that needs to happen is for her to take my name and everything will be complete"

Helen simply smiles brightly, Maria rolls her eyes but she smiles too and Jo just grins at me. "Good response, Luke"

Helen holds her hand out for me as Jo and Maria tidy around the room all the while Helen is having contractions breathing through them like a fucking trooper. Once they're done Jo leaves giving us her good luck wishes then maria checks Helen over and sees how far she's dilated. "Right you're there now babe, it's time to meet your daughter"

My heart squeezes at the news that I'm gonna be a daddy very soon. "Fuck"

Maria cackles at my no doubt pale face. "Oh, you'll be fine Luke. You got dis"

"Yeah, we got dis" I say more confident. "Let's do this beauty" I say kissing Helen softly on her lips. "I love you"

"I love you too, but remember what I said earlier" she tells me and Maria looks at me with a grin before winking at me.

"It's showtime" Maria announces. "We got dis, baby girl"

"Yeah, we got dis" Helen smiles holding both our hands.

Yeah, we got dis...