Chapter Forty Four ~ Helen

"Oh, fuck—I don't got dis, I don't got dis" I wail in pain as I try to push my daughter out it feels like she's ripping me a new fucking hole.

"Yes, you do. Come on, push" Maria shouts holding my legs apart. "Push through the pain, baby girl. Come on you can do it"

"Breathe baby" Luke says from my side. "Push"

"What the fuck do you want me to do, Luke? Breathe or fucking push? Jesus Christ, she's got your big fuck off head" I wail.

"Excuse me?" Luke scoffs offended.

"Boy, quiet" Maria mutters. "Come on, Helen push"

"I'm too tired" I moan. "I can't do it"

"Don't you be pulling that shit with me, Helen" Maria growls slapping my leg gently. "Now come on, bare down and fucking push"

I grab both my legs and fucking push with all I have. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" I wail the pain in unlike anything I've ever felt before.

"Right that's her head, Helen. Well done, baby girl" Maria praises. "Now for the shoulders, you know the drill on your next contraction I want you to push with all you have, okay?"

I look to Luke who is stood there smiling with tears in his eyes. "What's wrong?" I pant.

"Nothing" he tells me. "You're just amazing, I love you"

I smile back giving him a kiss when another contraction hits. "Right come on, babe, push"

I push and I push and it fucking feels like I'm ripped open from my arse to fanny. I wail in pain before grabbing Luke by his tshirt. "You fucking did this to me, I'm being ripped open from my arse to my fanny" I growl wincing in pain before pushing some more.

Suddenly there's a cry and all the pain I felt is numb, I can't feel anything because my baby girls cry echoes the room. "Daddy, do you wanna cut the cord?" Maria asks Luke.

He nods and walks over to her where she hands over a pair of scissors instructing him where to cut. Esme is then placed on my chest. "Oh, she's beautiful. Hello, Esme. I'm your mummy" I whimper.

"I'm your daddy" Luke croaks from my side. "Oh, god. She's gorgeous, Thankyou Helen. Thankyou for giving me you and for Esme—I love you both so much"

"I love you too" I sniffle.

Looking down to our little girl I see her eyes are open and she's staring at the both of us. "Look" I gasp. "She's looking at us—Hello, beautiful girl"

"Say cheese" Maria says happily.

I look up and smile brightly adjusting the blanket to cover me and Esme just enough but still able to see her face, Luke leans over putting his arm around me. "Cheese" me and Luke say as Maria takes a pic of us.

"Right come on, you know the drill" Maria says taking Esme from me and my heart squeezes, I now know what it's like in that moment when your child is taken from you after giving birth. You just want them back in your arms. "Hello, you. I'm your auntie Maria, yes I am" Maria coos. "Luke do me a favour and shout out to Jo to come and help me for a sec, please"

"Sure" Luke replies before going to the door to shout Jo.

Jo enters with a huge grin on her face. "Congrats mummy and daddy, where is she?"

I chuckle as she goes straight to Maria. "I've done her vitamin K needle you just need to do her measurements" Maria says before coming to me.

"You know what's next?" I ask Luke.

Luke nods. "Yeah, the lads pre warned me" he grimaces.

"Okay, ready?" Maria asks me.

I nod as her hand presses on my stomach and I feel it leave my body. "That was the most disgusting sound I ever—" I chuckle before Luke's down on the floor. "Luke? Luke are you okay?"