Chapter Thirty Six ~ Luke

The streets have been quiet, too quiet, I'm starting to wonder if Smitty has done something already.

"What's goin on in that head of yours?" Saint asks me as we drive down towards the docks

"It's too quiet," I tell him.

"Don't speak too soon, son" Saint chuckles nervously as we look around as we drive through the street, we're driving for a bit when I receive a text.

Colin: Smitty's at Chen's restaurant

"Fuck" I mutter.

"What's wrong?" Saint asks concerned.

"That was Colin, Smitty's at Mr Chen's restaurant" I grimace.

"How the fuck does he know this shit?" Saint mutters to himself.

"He's like some fucker from the FBI or some shit, eh?" I chuckle.

"Yeah" Saint mutters as he presses down on the gas pedal of his car.

We get to Mr Chen's restaurant, stood at the podium greeting customers is a pretty blonde, she looks at us and glances behind her before calling us over.

I look at Saint with a confused face, he looks at me with a grimace. "Please tell me this girl isn't one of your—"

"What the fuck, Saint" I growl. "I've never met the woman in my life" I hiss before we both walk over to her.

"Oh, Thankgod you're here" she sighs in relief. "Did uncle Colin tell you Smitty is here?"

Uncle?

"Uncle?" Me and Saint reply in unison.

"Yeah, Colin's my uncle," she says with a frown. "Why?"

"Nothing, never mind," Saint says softly. "Tell me..." he says trailing off no doubt wanting her name.

"Jenny" she replies.

"Jenny, how did Colin know Smitty was here? Do you know who he is?" He asks her.

She laughs. "Everyone knows who Smitty is, uncle Colin spotted him on the cameras," she says subtly pointing to a camera in the corner. "He's protective of his family" she shrugs as she sees the expression on our faces.

Saint chuckles. "Where is he?" he asks.

"He and Mr Chen are sitting at the table at the far corner" Jenny points to where they're sitting.

"Is it just Mr Chen and Smitty?" I ask.

"No, there is couple of people there and some fella turned up just before you did," Jenny says as she points to where they've sat again.

I carefully peek around the corner not wanting to make my presence known. Smitty is sitting with who I'm assuming is Mr Chen, I don't recognise anyone else—except Vinnie.

"Vinnie's there" I hiss.

I watch as Smitty grins at the men in suits before writing something down on a piece of paper and pushing it over to them. The fella that looks like he's the boss looks at the piece of paper before he throws his head back and laughs loudly. "Is this some kind of joke?" His posh accent echoes loudly.

"Do I fucking look like I'm joking?" Smitty growls.

"Smitty," Vinnie asks. "What are you doin?"

Smitty doesn't respond but the man in the suit does. "Your friend here wants a percentage of my company" he laughs humourlessly.

"What?" Vinnie hisses. "You gotta be fucking kidding me"

"A percentage of the business or I'm not selling" Smitty responds coldly to the man in the suit ignoring Vinnie's outburst. "The signatures you have on those documents are forged—I didn't sign them" Smitty shrugs.