When I Was Lost

MINA'S POV

That night... I couldn't choose between them.

A part of me refused.

One was out of fear, one was regret.

I guess that's just how it is, you'll really end up alone if you don't choose.

"Mina?" A man's voice from outside my room called my name.

I stood up from my bed and there... I saw the man who had left us.

"Oh, it's you" he left when I was younger, but I remember his face.

"Mina, Can we talk sweetie?" to be honest I thought seeing him again would anger me, I thought I'd resent him.

But that moment, Everything was so calm, as if my mom never cried herself to sleep when I was younger.

I settled with my mom and him in the kitchen table.

" Mina, Me and your... Dad already talked about this, I just want to let you know, and we think that this would be the best for all of us" my mom carefully uttered the words.

My mind was already in chaos, so that moment, I just agreed at the both of them.

I'm running away again.

"sure, mom, I'll move with you and... Dad" I uttered and smile bitterly.

To be honest I dont really care about anything that moment, the thought of Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon Unnie was already tormenting.

"You'll finish your major in Japan Mina, Is that fine with you?" Utters the man who calls himself my dad.

"You'll miss your friends, but life back in Japan will be more fun, don't you think?" my mom added.

I smiled bitterly "Hmm, that's fine"

"alright then, we'll leave tomorrow morning" dad utters as he hold on his chest and breathe deeply as he smiled at my mom.

"Wait, tomorrow!?" I uttered loudly upon hearing that we will leave tomorrow.

"Or should I reschedule the fligh-" My dad's words were cut off...

"Ah no!.... That's fine... I'll go pack my things" I uttered and stood up leaving my parents in the kitchen and went to my room to pack my things.

I started to pack my clothes when suddenly, a white shirt flung out of the closet, I went to pick it up....

The moment I recognised the shirt, tears started to fall off my face.

Chaeyoung... Sorry.
____________

"It's still 7am Mina, How about we call your friends to say goodbye?" mom uttered as she sat down the sofa while waiting for dad to pick us. "Call Jeongie first" She added.

"No mom, We don't have to, I'll just text her once we leave" I lied.

"Hmmm, yeah I don't really wanna bother her, specially now that's she's a teacher at your college, it might now be a good idea" My mom shrugs, thank God she believed me.

After Chaeyoung walked me home that night before our plan to confess, I sent another text to Jeongyeon
____________________________

[Me] uh, sorry Unnie, I forgot I had something to do that day

[Jeongyeon] Okie no problem, just tell me if you needed anything.

____________________________

At the end of the day, we were all just looking for a genuine love.