chapter twenty eight: cleaning the mess

[Scarlet's POV]

In the original story, Marquess Fleron never appeared in the story, and they were not Celeste's guardian. Did I do something that triggered their appearance? Is Marquess Fleron really the one behind this mess and putting the blame to OA? Why? What's his intentions for doing this?

I need to confront that bastard. Celeste might be in danger in his hand! 

"What's the meaning of this?" nabalik ako sa realidad nang magsalita si Vrikian at nagtatakang nagpabalik-balik ang tingin sa akin at kina Stark at Crane.

Napahilot ako sa aking sintido bago bumuntong hininga at tumayo. Binigyan ko ng seryosong tingin ang dalawang kasapi ko.

"Stark, corner Marquess Fleron and shut the marquessate. Don't let anyone enter nor getting out." seryosong utos ko kay Stark na agad namang sumaludo at umalis gamit ang shadow call.

Binaling ko naman ang aking tingin kay Crane na ngayon ay matuwid nang nakatayo sa aking gilid. Hinihintay niya siguro ang aking utos.

"The information, Crane?" tanong ko sa kaniya at sa isang kisap mata lamang ay agad niyang ini-abot sa akin ang isang itim na folder.

"I already told Lucilia to look at Marquess Fleron. And this is what she found." sagot niya sa akin.

"Thank you. Please assist Stark, bring men with you. And tell Lucilia to guard the tower, we still don't know what's Marquess Fleron's real intention." muling utos ko sa kaniya habang mahigpit na nakahawak sa itim na folder.

"Masusunod, master." sagot niya at agad na umalis gamit ang shadow call. Nang mawala na ng tuluyan ang presinsya ni Crane ay agad akong tumingin kay Vrikian. Makikita mo sa kaniyang mukha ang pagtitimpi na hindi sumigaw at disturbohin ang aming pakikipag-usap.

"Yes, Prince Vrikian. I am Villiania Scarlet Schurke, and I am the leader of the organization Oscuro Albacea, the one you have been looking for." usal ko sa seryosong boses at hindi inalis ang tingin sa kaniyang mga mata upang makita ang lahat Ng emosyong ipapakita niya.

"But we are not the one who's behind this mess." muling usal ko't binuklat ang folder na binigay ni Crane sa akin upang mabasa ang nasa loob.

Marquess Anastasion Greg Fleron. Your typical happy go lucky but mysterious type of guy every story has. He is very active in all balls and banquet every noble hosted. He's your nice and easy going neighbor who goes to church every sunday and help the poor. But in truth, he is a wolf in a sheep's clothing.

My eyes widen as I read his dark information that Lucilia got me from who knows where. He is doing illegal business underground! He established an orphanage to help the poor kids who's living in the street, only to sell them in the black market!! He even killed numerous of people just because they beat him in gambling, and even killed her own wife because she wanted a divorce.

"This man is a phsycho!" I blurted out in anger as I continue reading the information about this man. How can he be cruel? What did these people even do harm to him?

Agad kong binigay ang folder kay Vrikian at agad na lumabas sa aking opisina. Kinuha ko ang aking coat na nakasabit sa labas ng pintuan at agad na tinawag si Delfin.

"Tell Gallen and Commander Ferro to guard the kids and the dukedom. And get a carriage, we're leaving." mabilis na utos ko sa kaniya at agad naman itong tumango at umalis na mayroong nagtatakang ekspresyon.

After 30 minutes, I am now riding a carriage while Delfin is driving it. Hindi ako sigurado sa aking intuwisyon ngunit, pakiramdam ko ay mayroon na namang mangyayari sa araw na ito. And I need to stop him.

I went to the gambling house where he always go and gamble, but he wasn't there. I hurriedly went back to the carriage after making sure that Marquess Fleron is indeed not there.

After the gambling house we went over to the orphanage he build where there is an underground basement where he tortured the kids as his past time and sell them in brothels or as slaves after.

'I badly want to kill that man with my own hands!'

I entered the back of the orphanage. I can't risk exposing my identity to the people in here so I put on mask to cover my face and wander quietly to find the door to the underground basement.

This might be dangerous for some, but I have infiltrated even the most dangeous establishment there is back in my past life. So this is easy peasy, but I still can't help to be worried about myself, I mean, I don't want to die and my life is on a thin red thread to hell as we speak.

Moments later, I stopped on my track when I saw someone carrying a black sack on its back and is walking towards a normal black door. Out of curiosity I followed him secretly from behind and to my luck, I finally find the entrance to the underground basement.

When I was about to enter the room someone suddenly grabbed my hand. My heart was beating fast and was about to stab the person who grabbed me when he spoke.

"The hell's wrong with you Vrikian? Do you want to die?" galit na bulong ko sa kaniya habang nakahawak sa aking dibdib na malakas ang kabog. Gusto ata nitong lumabas at tumakbo papalayo dahil sa kaba.

"What the hell do you think your doing huh? This is dangerous!" nagtitimping bulong niya sa akin habang tumingin-tingin sa paligid.

"Who do you think I am, Vrikian? Just get out of my way, I need to clean this mess and clean the name of my organization." malamig na lintaya ko and was about to leave when he grabbed my arms again.

"I don't need you here, Vrikian. Just go back and guard the kids, that's what you ought to do." paki-usap ko sa kaniya at hindi na hinayaan pang magsalita. He is against this, I know because it is visibly written in his eyes. 

When he didn't answer me, I took his hand off of my arms and turn to leave. I can't afford to lose another minute and I must stop Marquess craziness today.

Slowly in entered the room where the man who's carrying a black sack entered and saw stairs. Ang hagdan ay pababa at madilim ito, mabuti nalamang at nasanay na ang aking mga mata sa dilim dahil sa trabaho ko noon sa dati kong buhay, kaya hindi maging mahirap sa akin ang bumaba kahit madilim.

"Ah! Tama na po. Maawa po kayo! Waaaaah!"

"Nagmamakaawa po ako! Paki-usap, huwag nyo na pong saktan si Lana!"

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!"

"Uhuhuhuhuhuhu"

Sa labas pa lamang ng pinto ay rinig na rinig ko na ang mga iyakan ng mga bata at ang tunog ng mayroong pinapalo. Naipikit ko ang aking mga mata dahil maging ako ay nasasaktan sa hagulgol ng mga bata. Paano nila naatim na saktan ang mga walang kamuwang-muwang na mga batang ito?

'I need to stop him, and clean this mess. This can't go any further.'

"Shut up! Didn't I told you to do your job well, huh Celeste? I gave you food and money. And your not doing things right!" nanigas ako sa aking kinatatayuan ng narinig ko ang galit na boses ni Marquess Fleron.

"I-I'm soryy AH!" I can feel the sorrow of the girls voice. Hindi ako makapaniwala ng marinig ko ang maliit na boses na iyon.

'Was that Celeste's voice?'

note;
      two chapters and epilogue to go!