Chapter Twenty Three

Y/N
__________

It's been a few days and we finished decorating our house. It looks so pretty.

It's already christmas eve and alex decided to bring his parents over today so they could meet me, again. I was a bit nervous since they might not like me anymore but alex comforted me and reassured me that they still remember me from years before.

We both prepared food and didn't mess this time. We plan to watch a movie after his parents are out and just spend the rest of christmas to ourselves.

A few hours into christmas eve...

We both are dressed up occasionally and waited for alex's parents while sitting on the couch cuddling and watching i carly.

While we were in the middle of laughing our eyes out, the doorbell suddenly rings. My heart beats fast as alex saw me looking nervous.

"Hey hey, your gonna be ok, my parents are really nice. Don't worry, you'll be able to talk to them later and be close to them again." Alex says rubbing my back.

We both got up and walked to the front door. Alex opened it revealing his parents.

"Good evening mrs. and mr. (whatever his last name is)! It's great to see you again!" I say acting confidently.

Alex hugs both of them as they have huge smiles on their faces.

"Omg y/n! It's good to see you too! We missed you!" His mom says and they both hug me tight. I hug them back as we welcomed them to our humble abode.

They looked around, mesmerizing the place.

"Woah, did you guys put this all up?" His dad asked.

"Some, we had a little bit of help from karl." Alex says leading them to the dining room as I followed.

Alex took off the cloche (the one covering the food) as we all sat down.

His parents sitting down in front of me and alex. We started chatting a bit and then we started eating. Alex always likes it fancy when it comes to occasions like this. Especially his family since they would invite me and my family over every christmas eve to celebrate with them years ago.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Your gifts are in the car, I'll get it before we leave. Don't open it before christmas tho!" His mom said as we lightly laughed.

"We also have your gifts ready under the christmas tree. We'll give it to you too later." Alex said smiling.

"Thank you. So, I heard a lot about you two..you two are married now right?" His dad says as I started coughing a bit.

"Papa! We're just dating, I literally told you guys about it a few days ago? Didn't you see?" Alex says, his face a bit red of embarrassment.

"Ah yes, sorry. I was just excited. I mean me and your mama were rooting for you guys even as kids." His dad says making us both glance at each other with wide eyes and look away blushing.

"Papa, can we just eat.." Alex says making me chuckle a bit.

We all continued our meals still chit chatting.

An hour later...

"That was a good meal! Thank you alex and y/n for this, we would love to come over again if we can." His mom said standing up as we all stood up and I started grabbing the plates and utensils on the table so I could clean them up.

"Oh no baby, I'll do that. You can lead them to their gifts." Alex says smiling.

"Are you sure? I can help later if you-"

"Darling I'm fine, go." He said making me blush then leading his parents to where their gifts are at.

As we arrive I give them their gifts.

"For alex's mom and dad..that's it! I hope you guys enjoy it!" I said smiling at them as I gave them their gifts.

"Thank you so much, and please do call us mama and papa. We don't really mind since you're already a part of our family, hija" Mama says.

"Oh that's sweet of you. I'm honored." I smile as I remember that I made hot choco.

"Is it ok if you guys stay here for a while? I made hot choco earlier. We can chat again if you want." I said.

"Yes of course! We would love to talk to you more." Mama says as I smile at them and I go grab the hot chocos.

I head back to the lounge room and see them already sitting. I sit next to them and hand them their hot chocos as we chit chat again.

"You know hija, don't tell alex this but he's been talking about you non stop every single day, we're not complaining tho. We're happy you make him happy. He's always been texting us about you and even when we left, he still talk about you to us." Mama says sipping her hot choco.

"Yeah, you're one special lady." Papa says also taking a sip of his hot choco.

I smile at how adorable alex is. He never told me he'd been texting them everyday about me. I love him so much.

"That's so sweet of him, and thank you. He's also one special son. You're son is literally the best man I could ever ask for." I smile at them drinking my hot choco as they both smile back.

A few minuets into chatting, alex walks in and I give him his hot choco.

"There you guys are. So what were you guys talking about?" Alex said sitting down next to me putting his arm around me.

"We were talking about how stink you smell like. Especially that beanie.." I say trying to hold back my laugh but his glaring eyes meet mine and I lightly laugh, his parents joining me.

"That was a joke I'm sorry." I said still laughing a bit.

"Shut up I shower everyday."

"Yeah right."

"Yes I do."

"Sure."

We all talk again for a bit until it's almost christmas, mama and papa left and they went back home. Of course they didn't forget our gifts, it's all under the tree and there are also other gifts from friends.

Now it's only me and alex in the house again, waiting for christmas.