Confused?

The police came as quickly as possible, not quick enough for us though. Raven and Ally were still traumatized by the body, they never stopped looking at it while I couldn't bear to even glance at it. "Ally, Raven we are going to go now. Okay?" I tried to get them away from the body but they kept staring. Raven even slid to the ground. "Raven?"

"I...I think I know her..." She gave a small cry, how did she know her? Raven covered her face, ashamed of her red hot tears.

"Raven what are you talking about?" Raven was actually starting to sob.

"Look at her!" she screamed at me, now she was really upset. "She just a kid!! I saw playing in the primary school once..." Angel gave her a reassuring squeeze. At one point I thought they were dating. I do indeed remember this happy girl playing on the swings at school, but I didn't want to say it, it would make it to real. I didn't want it to be real. "I think...the police are here." She said quietly and as she said that police men were pulling themselves out of their cars and rushing over, they talked loudly and shouted, my head hurt. Raven got up and we walked away. But a police man caught me by the shoulder, he was to rough but I didn't cry out.

"Aren't you the person that called?" I nodded. "Okay then we will need to question you please." I agreed to come even though all I wanted was my dad and a shower.

 "Okay." I whispered. We piled into his car and he drove off, Angel shivering in the back and Raven still covering her face.
"You don't mind if I ask questions do you?" He was looking at us through the mirror. I did mind  though. I didn't want to answer any stupid questions! Couldn't we just do it at the police office?

 "Ask away." I replied. He glanced at us in the review mirror, were we suspects?

"Well for one...why are you all bloody?" I hadn't noticed we were drenched in blood, especially our knees. 

"Well we saw a little girl on the streets and ran to help...only to discover she was dead...my friends were a bit shocked and yeah..." I didn't know how to continue with that sentence.

"I see..." He looked over at my friends. "How about you answer the rest of my questions at my office." I nodded, thankful he had caught on. Raven and Angel were in no condition to answer. We spent the rest of the ride in silence. It wasn't a nice silence.

*

His office was huge. "Woah." He looked a little smug. Suddenly a (very handsome) teenage boy came in. "Dad guess what! Oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were... What ever. I should go." He started to walk away, awkwardly rubbing his arm.

"Toby why don't you help me?" Toby spun around smiling, his white teeth and crinkled eyes shining.

"My thoughts exactly!" He marched over and sat down, looking a little serious.
When we were all settled, and had blankets, the questions came. "So...tell me who saw the body first?" He looked at us carefully, Toby tried to copy him. 

"I did officer." I replied, trying to look extremely innocent, I didn't .

"Anybody notice anyone sneaking around?" We were all silent. "I will take that as a no. Next wh-"

"I saw someone." Angel said. He looked at Angel with a mild interest, one eyebrow cocked up. "And? what did they look like? What were they wearing? Tell me everything." She gulped, glanced at all of us and gave me a guilty nod. Then she suddenly spoke quickly and quietly, as if afraid.

"I'm sorry," I don't know why she was apologizing, or to who the apology was meant.  "There was a bit of red on his clothes I don't know if that was blood or not. He was drunk. Very drunk...." She stooped there. The policeman edged her on.

"Well? Who was he?" She looked at me while saying this, tears still in her pretty eyes. She looked a lot like the little dead girl, so pale.

"I'm not sure...but I think it's was your father." I froze. My dad used to be a drug addict but I don't remember alcohol being one of his problems, besides he was clean now, it couldn't be him.

Everyone was staring at me, waiting for a reaction of some kind, but I just don't know how to respond to this! Did they expect me to cry? laugh? admit that I was a part of this to?

I just don't know.