Special

The light shone on Hope, she twisted in the sheets and groaned, why? The light got to strong for her to ignore and she cracked one eye open, gazing at her skylight. She sighed, her hands lifting to rub her eyes and she looked across the table at everything she had gotten ready the night before. On her nightstand were various objects but the most curious one was the pregnancy test.

Getting dressed was a struggle as the still sleepy girl got into some nice loose pants. She got her phone and texted the head of the department. It had changed a few weeks ago.

I need some time off. My pregnancy test is back in again. The doctors are positive I'm pregnant.

It didn't take long for a reply, they were always on their phones.

Alright. You can have some time off. You know who the dad is?

I have a pretty sound theory.

Okay then. Bye

K bye.

Hope had tried to get herself to not show as much emotions as before. It was only when she visited the doctors for a third time that she broke down in sobs. It obviously wasn't Toby's. She hadn't... well... you know.

A few weeks after Toby had written her the letter, in a desperate attempt to forget him she had gone into the bar for some fun. However the next day she only felt worse, like she had cheated on Toby even though she hadn't! He had been her only support for so long and now she was kind of messed up.

Hope made herself some cereal and gave one last look out of the window. She had sent a letter to Toby telling him about her problem and he still hadn't answered. She was expecting a call or text because she wrote her address and phone number on it. She had secretly hoped that he would come back and help out with this new and terrifying situation. Maybe they would get back together and raise the child like a happy family that they were supposed to be!

She banished the thought from her mind.

What the hell was she thinking.

She had to stop pretending.

Toby was gone and this child would need her.

She had also told Raven and Angel, they said they would come soon with a surprise to make her cheer up. They wouldn't tell her when but she knew that they were planning something huge, they always did.

Sometimes they would come visit all the way from Chicago. It made her smile every time.

She felt a strong bond towards the little thing in her stomach already and she knew that she would protect it from anything. She never wanted to have the childhood she had.

She ate quickly, trying not to throw up. Her stomach felt tight against the pants and she wondered if she might explode. The thought scared her and she ran as quickly as she could towards the bathroom and emptied her stomach. Those damned dried strawberries in her Kellogg's just weren't doing it today.

She gazed out of the window, slowly sipping an herbal tea in her big sweater. Her hand sometimes wandered down to her stomach. She curiously poked it and gave a snort as she remembered when she had first poked it, thinking that she was putting on some weight and that she needed to stop eating so much of those damn olives she had been craving.

A shiver ran down her spine as she saw someone park their car in her garage, get out and trudge their way up to her front door. They were wearing a blue parka and held a bag in their cold hands and they trudged up to her door. They looked like they had come out of a snowstorm. There was a couple of knocks on the door as Hope rushed around, picking up things last minute, trying to calm her breathing as she saw two more figures come out of the car, female shapes.

She recognized them all.
She then flung open the door in a smile.

"TOBY!"