Let the trial begin.

Kings POV:

I searched her house. Especially her bedroom, that's where clues tend to be. But I saw nothing that could convince anyone that she was capable of murder. In fact it seemed like she was any other teenager. Her room seemed a lot like Toby's, it made me shiver to think of it like that.

The only odd thing was her dad's bedroom. It was filled with knifes and empty bottles of beer. And boy it stunk! Then I saw photos. One of the girl that was killed. One of Hope's friends. I forgot her name. But she was in my office with Toby and Hope.

A sick feeling spilled into my gut like rotten hot chocolate.

I was about to leave when I spotted a photo on the floor. It was a picture of Hope and her mother laughing. They both looked so different. I smiled secretly to myself. Hope wasn't guilty, I had known from the beginning, I just wanted someone to blame. It was unprofessional but still. Then again why was the weapon in her hands? I looked in the background of the picture.

At first I only saw trees and a few benches. Then I looked harder and saw something that made my heart crawl and thump faster.

A girl was running into her parents arms.

The girl that had been killed on the road.

*

I took a lot of pictures of the house. Then I marched to court. Hoping I wasn't to late. They wouldn't start with ought me though so I was good.

I am ready to stand up for Hope.

Cause I just realized Toby was right. I should have listened to my son. I dont know why I was being so stubborn.

Hope is innocent.

And we also just let her father out of the hospital. So we have a mass murder on our hands again. Could this be any worse?

Toby's POV:

I waited for the trial to start. Hope was sitting in a seat all alone. Her lips pressed tightly together. Her eyes were big and glassy. She kept her head down and her hair looked like she had swept it in front of her face so no one would look at her. The room was buzzing with curiosity. All we had to do was wait. A cameraman kept taking pictures, every time a flash went off Hope would shiver and sink deeper into her seat.

Finally the door burst open. It was my dad. Sweat drizzled on his face and he was out of breath. He ran to the judge and started talking to him in an anxious voice. Everybody was silent. The reporters were leaning forwards, trying to catch every word.

My dad nodded once and sat next to Hope. She glanced briefly at him and then away. He attempted to smile at her, to tell her it would be okay but her father was still out there. So no. It would not be okay.

The judge looked up from his papers and documents, the evidence in his hands.

"Uh Hm!" He said, while clearing his throat. The news reporters looked anxiously at each other. Then scribbled stuff down. Their hands anxiously trying to keep up with the signals from their brain.

"Let the trail begin!"