Kicked out

Kings glared at me deeply and said "boarding school?" Toby wasnt shaking like me...he stood tall and said "Yeah I think it will be fun!" Kings cleared his throat and smiled a shaky smile before saying. "No...you should have talked to me about this first...I wont allow it...however..." He said as he saw Toby open his mouth to argue. "I will let Hope go..." Toby was glaring now and I had to clutch at the hem of my shirt to stop from shaking. Kings took another deep shaking breath and he looked ready to kill...I had never seen Kings like this...it was scary. Toby told him right off though. "If she leaves then I'm leaving to!" I knew right then and there that Toby was my best friend! Not only was he my best friend but he cared for me like he had always loved me...the only thing is we were still to young to actually know what love is.

Toby took my hand and started leading me upstairs, leaving a speechless Kings...I felt a little bad for him but I was mostly exited!

I didn't know what was going on and how it would be worked out but I seriously hoped everything would be alright.

Once we had packed we were ready to go when Kings stopped us at the door once more. He looked even angrier and his chest was heavy, teeth grinding and eyebrows twitching.

"Don't go! I forbid you!" "Ill do what I want!" Toby was yelling now, obviously annoyed at his father. Kings grew even more red and said "Young man I am your father and you will listen to me!" "I dont need you anymore! I can live on my own! Besides I took my college savings to pay for it! I've got it all worked out, so let us leave!" I was very impressed and apparently so was Kings. "You know what...I dont care...go...in fact I hope I dont see you in this house again!"

The words obviously slashed Toby's heart and he looked broken for a second. I wanted to hold him and say that it was alright. I didn't mind going alone. He was stubborn though and wanted to finish what he had started, he grew rigid and held himself higher.

Toby and I walked out of the house, our suitcases swinging in our hands. At the time we thought that this was good and we chose this...but in fact we had been kicked out of Kings life, he was the one who had allowed us to leave. We had thought we were rebelling but we were wrong...

the next time I saw Kings was at his funeral...