The Photo Memory

"Father listen to me! She's inocent! I saw it with my own eyes! Her dad shot me!" My father, Kings, shook his head.

"Son...the weapon was in her hands!" He said. Gesturing at his own hands as he said it. I groaned. He was so frustrating! Why couldn't he take my word for it? I guess the law didn't work that way.

"Son. I know you two had a special connection but she's mad." He put a hand on my shoulder. I backed away.

"No your wrong! Hope would never do that! She's a really good person! Nothing like her father. If you spent a little time with her you'd know!" I yelled.

My dad scoffed. "Son she's using you! We can all see it but you just don't want to face reality!" He sounded sorry for me. I hated it.

He shouldn't be!

I'm fine!

Hope is fine!

And I will save her!

Hopes POV:

I sat in a wooden chair all alone in my house. My big empty house. My dad was in the hospital. I had been let outa few hours ago. The doctor said to take it easy. I didn't really care to be honest.

I sighed and looked at an old photograph. It was burnt at the edges. But it was one of the only memories I had of mom. The bright and beautiful woman she bad been. Tears covered this photo many times.

Past photo~

"Honey don't hurt her!" My mom, Lila, protested as my father lifted me in the air in the park. I gave a burst of giggles.

"Aw come on! She's loving it!" He said. Then he got distracted by two teenagers passing by talking about a drink. My dad out me down and joined them.

My mom lifted me into my lap. "Sorry about daddy hon. He's just preoccupied recently. But he will get back to his normal self soon enough...I hope." I nodded, not really understanding what she was talking about. He seemed normal to me.

Dad suddenly stared at a little girl that was running past him. He grinned.

It was a maniac sort of grin. One that I had never seen before. It scared me. Like the good part of my dad was already leaving. My mother didn't see it, if she did she didn't comment on the inappropriate way he stared at the little girl. So I didn't either.

Present~

I gasped. When I looked clearly at the photo I saw the girl was in the background.

That was the girl that was killed on the Bloody Road.

I stared at the photo for a very long time.

A knock startled me. "Yes come in!" Policemen piled in. "Miss Thomson Hope you are to come with us!"

I started shaking. "I-I'm not having a trial am I?!" I was freaking out. Toby said he would get me put of this! I waved my arms around, trying to explain but nothing came out. I eventually just sat down and waited. They sighed.

They nodded.

I will stay strong during this!

I stood up with them to leave, they escorted me away. The photo was on the ground. Tears in my eyes were pulling over my cheeks.

I shook my head.

I would not cry!

I-I would try!

I would stay strong until everyone knew it was not me who shot Toby!