²⁰

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
TWENTY
❝𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵❞

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

━━━━━★━━━━━

With a smile on my face, and the homesickness gone from missing my friends, I sit happily on the boys couch engaging in the flowing conversations. After my long day of travelling, all I can do is laze about like a zombie, whether im literally dragging my feet across the ground to get myself a drink or falling asleep on my arm and getting woken up with a scare from someone.

I haven't moved from my spot in the corner of the sofa since I left harry in his room earlier, apart from my single departure to get some water, my body has been planted in this seat for all those hours. After leaving the boy mope around his room for however long it was, he had soon come out and sat with me. Like usual, we sit with our legs merely brushing against one another, a simple touch that makes me have to hide my smile.

Pretending it means nothing is like muscle memory for me now, the amount of times ive had to bite down on my tongue to stop the grin from spilling on my lips most definitely couldn't be counted on one hand. Deflecting is the best way about it, sparking up a conversation with someone else to hide the fact im dying on the inside.

What on earth has he turned me into?

Chipping into simon and jjs debate about what game we should play, I pick at the polish on my nails, sitting up properly as they both start to gang up on me.

"Nah, we're not playing a fucking board game—"

"—you scared you'll loose against me or something jj?" I quirk my eyebrows at him, my legs sat crossed over one another. He doesn't say anything back, instead laughing it off and falling flat onto the couch, right into simon.

"Get off! You're too heavy mate"

"Is that a fat joke?" He shouts extremely loud, fake offence laced in his voice.

"Yeah, it is. Get up!" He ignores him, using all of his force to get the boy off of him.

The room isnt quiet at all, different conversations happening at the same time. There's never a dull moment, never an awkward break of silence or anything that forces me to rack my brain for something to say.

I think that's what makes me feel most welcome with everyone. It seems as if there's always something to discuss or laugh about, even if it's stupid or miniscule. It's a comforting feeling knowing that the people you're around want to talk to you about stuff, like they're you're actual friends.