Chapter 18

Sid was consoling Vibha trying to calm her down when Roshni came there. 

Sid: Don't worry maa, nothing will happen to bhai.  Bhabhi and dada have gone right? 

Rosh: What happened to Fais? 

Sid: He was in an accident 15 minutes back.  

She nodded going back to her room, not knowing what to do or how to react, getting worried. She understood it isn't just some normal accident, something big has happened. Meanwhile in hospital: 

Avu reached there to see Abhi and Jaan. She first looked through the glass to see Fais and his condition looked very bad. She then went to Abhi and Jaan. 

Avu: Bhabhi, nothing will happen to him, soon he'll be fine. And if he doesn't wake up soon we'll empty two jugs of water on him together. 

Jaan chuckled at that. Soon her sobs turned silent. 

Avu: Dada, doctor said anything? 

Abhi: Not yet. 

Avu: I'll come. 

He looked confused as Avu went inside the operation theatre after putting on a mask, similar to the doctor's. 

Nurse: You shou... 

Avu showed a card to her. 

Nurse: Sorry doctor. 

Avu: How is the patient? 

Nurse: No improvements yet. 

Avu nodded and went aside, putting on a gown, cap and gloves and then went to the doctor. She discussed everything with him and helped with the treatment. After sometime they came out. 

Dr.: The operation was successful, he'll wake up within few hours. And thank you doctor for arriving so soon and helping or this operation would have been unsuccessful. I'm still unable to understand how, his deteriorating condition suddenly started improving... 

He said first line to Abhinat then started talking to Avu as they both walked away but they both heard doctor. 

Abhi: Avu is a doctor? 

Jaan: Maybe. 

Abhi: Anyways, I'll first inform everyone. 

She nodded and Abhi informed Sid and Vaish that Fais is fine now. By that time Avu also came. 

Jaan: Avu, you never said you are a doctor. 

Avu: Just never came up. 

Abhi didn't say anything knowing must be something related to their work. 

Jaan: Can I go inside? 

Avu nodded and Jaan went in. Avu sat next to Abhi while sighing. 

Abhi: What happened? 

Avu: We almost lost him during the operation. I injected the required medicine, but I got late by just few seconds. The medicine did its work and his body started responding, but he had already lost a lot of blood and poison had been in system for quiet long. 

Abhi: Poison? 

Avu: Not exactly poison, but it was as harmful as a poison, which makes it impossible to save the patient unless the required medicine is injected. But only small symptoms show its presence and no doctor knows about it other than us who know about all these specialised treatments. If you wouldn't have been a medical student I wouldn't have said it also. 

Abhi: Then how did he get saved? 

Avu: For the blood loss obviously blood transfusion and for the other problem, we could just hope he gets fine and try treating him with the regular processes. He's fine now, that's enough.