Chapter 29

Fais: But how do I tell you anything till you don't ask me? 

Jaan: Ok, I'll ask, but remember one thing, I won't leave you without knowing the whole truth, if you are thinking why I didn't after what I heard. If for nothing else then for our baby. And that doesn't mean I'll just leave you if you made a mistake, because you regret it. But if it is something unforgivable, then even I can't do anything. When it was just me and Roshni, I got time to think, or I wouldn't be here ready to listen also. 

Fais: Whatever you do will be your decision only. 

Jaan: But not now, later Abhinavi will go on a date, at that time. It should be only me who hears. Jaireem will not come out of the room anyways. 

Fais nodded. Just then bell rang. 

Fais: Looks like Jai is back. 

They both went out. Later, Abhi returned and Abhinavi left for the date. Jaireem were in Reem's room while Faisnat in theirs. With Jaireem, 

Jai: Reem, you wanted to say something? 

She nodded. She looked around for her book and pen which he noticed and got them. He forwarded the book but she held his hand instead, making him leave the book. She wrote MY PAST on it. He looked at her. 

Jai: Are you sure? 

She nodded. She picked the book and pencil. She wrote a word on it. 

Jai: Orphanage. You mean something happened in the orphanage? 

She nodded. Suddenly she got up and ran somewhere, returning with a bag. It was the bag she had since she came here. On the day Faisneet found her, she was holding the bag. He was confused as she never opened the bag earlier. She sat beside him and gave him a book she took out from the bag. He opened it and saw something written. 

Jai: I have been mute since birth, the biggest fault in me. I never had friends as I can't talk to them also. 

He turned the page and saw a drawing of her sitting in a room, but even a man was there with her. 

Jai: Who is he? 

She turned the page. 

Jai: He is the only one who talks to me. I don't know his name, but he is the head here so I call him head uncle

He chuckled reading that. 

Jai: Head uncle has a daughter, she is very small, smaller than me also. Even she doesn't talk, maybe that's why uncle likes me. 

In the next page was the drawing a new born baby. Below it was a name, Maria. He turned to next page. 

Jai: Maria spoke, I heard her. She said papa, all were saying she said her first word. That means even I will. But when will I speak my first word? What will my first word be? 

A sad smile took over their faces. On the next page something was written, but not too clear. It looked like she wrote it with shaky hands. He had a bit difficulty but read it. 

Jai: Head uncle is bad. He lies to everyone. Maria is not his daughter. I heard him today, he was scolding Maria badly because she cried. He said her father left her with him. Then he can't be her father. He will hurt her. 

When he turned the page, he was shocked, the pages were painted red, but not with just paint. Reem closed her eyes, turning away. 

Jai: What is this? 

She didn't respond, so he turned to the next page. 

Jai: I painted what I saw, blood. A lot of blood. But on the page also blood fell when I was taking Maria after uncle went, from above the book. I didn't know where to take her, no one would help me. I ran outside the orphanage and saw an aunty. I couldn't say what has happened, that head uncle had hit Maria with a knife. So I just gave Maria to her so she took her to hospital and came back. 

He kept the book aside and looked at Reem who looked scared. He hugged her and felt her shaking as she cried.

Jai: Calm down, even Maria is fine right. You saved her despite all the difficulties you faced.  

He caressed her back and soon she calmed down. 

Jai: Is this why you are scared of blood? 

She shook her head and he was shocked, that meant something worse happened. He was scared of what must have happened but took the book as she picked it, bringing it in front of him. 

Jai: Uncle found out I took Maria away and now he is angry on me. I was sitting in my room when he came there and told me he knows it. He was about to shout at me but then he controlled his anger and went away. Maybe he just hated Maria and will not do anything to me. 

He saw a drawing of a birthday party. 

Jai: I turned 14, I am soooo happy. Uncle never scolded me and was back to normal after that day. He kept a party like every year, all enjoyed. No one other than uncle wished me but its ok. He has called me to give me my gift, I'll write after coming. 

He turned the page but it was blank. He went to next to see something written. There were marks of water drops, as she was crying while writing it. 

Jai: I feel alone here, no one loves me, no one cares for me. I never felt bad about this, even when uncle changed, but now when I feel... 

Nothing else was written there. On the right it was continued. 

Jai: I want to go away, but I don't know what to do. I want to go to school like others but I can't. He never let me know about the outside world. Now I don't know anything at all, I am unaware of the outside world. I just know what I hear others talking. 

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

What is Reem's complete past?

What turn will Faisnat's marriage take after the truth comes out?

What caused the four's friendship to break?

What is the truth behind Roshni's child?

Where has she gone?

╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Hey guys,

So this was chapter 29.

How was it?

Any suggestions or improvements?

Do vote and comment.

Stay tuned.

🙏🙏