Chapter 30

Jai: You never went to school? 

She shook her head. 

Reem: He never let me. I didn't know anything other than what he taught me. 

He nodded and continued reading. 

Jai: I feel unsafe now, I don't like him coming near me also. Who do I tell how he behaves with me? No one will give me attention or have enough time to read what I write to inform them of it. At least he taught me to read and write. I am feeling something bad is going to happen today. 

That was the last page filled. 

Jai: What happened after that? 

She held the bag, her hands trembling. She took out a paper and a locket. The locket was completely filled with dried up blood. It fell from her hand the moment she saw it but Jai caught it before it would reach the ground. He then took the paper from her and opened it and was shocked, scared, angry, disgusted and felt many other emotions. He stood up and she got scared seeing this, immediately hugging him by wrapping her hands around his waist. He realised this and hugged her back. 

Jai: I am not going anywhere, calm down. I'm here only. 

She slowly pulled back still scared and he kneeled down to reach her level and wiped her tears. 

Jai: Can you tell me what happened after that? Was he successful or you escaped? What happened to him after that? 

She nodded. He took the book and pen, keeping the book in her lap and forwarding the pen in her direction. 

Reem: At first I couldn't escape. But then I saw a glass there. I somehow reached it and broke it on his head. He stood up as I tried running so I kept hitting him with the glass till he left me, falling unconscious. I tried opening the door but it was locked and I couldn't open it. I tried screaming for help, but no voice came out. I had just one option, to jump out of the window. I took the locket which had fallen from my neck as he broke it and jumped down. I ran to my room, took my bag and ran out after changing. I tried telling all, but all ignored me. I ran outside the orphanage in search of help, but I got kidnapped. 

Jai was shocked, he couldn't understand how could people treat someone like this just because she couldn't speak. But he was also confused, could she speak or not. She never tried speaking properly, when she did, it was in panic, when a person who speaks' voice also doesn't come out. And all she heard was she can't speak since the time she could remember, so it must have affected her mind a lot. She was about to write further but suddenly started breathing heavily, she was having a panic attack. He remembered how Avu had calmed her the previous time and tried calming her. After sometime she did. 

Jai: Its ok if you don't want t... 

She stopped him by keeping her hand on his, shaking her head. He stood up and sat beside her on the bed. 

Reem: He wasn't just unconscious, he died. Before getting kidnapped, I heard police siren and people shouting his name. They'll find me Jai, I am a criminal, a murderer. 

He made her look at him and kissed her forehead. 

Jai: What you did was in self defence. And its not good but not bad also that he died, or he would have done the same with someone else also. Even if police finds out anything, they won't catch you. You are not a murderer or criminal. In fact you saved two lives, first Maria's, then yours. By now the case must have been closed as well. And I am proud of you for showing such bravery and taking the right steps. 

A smile formed on her face hearing the last line. 

Jai: I love you. 

She wanted to say it back, but realised she can't. 

Jai: Reem, you never tried speaking, maybe you can speak. 

She looked at him confused. 

Jai: Not a single voice come out of your mouth in whole life? 

She thought about it and then shook her head. 

Jai: We can try. Maybe now you'll say your first word. 

She got a new hope, maybe the reason behind all her problems will be solved. 

Jai: And then you won't have to roam around with this book and pen. 

She smiled at that and nodded. 

Jai: You should sleep now, you look tired. 

He made her lie down and covered her with a blanket. He kissed on her eyes then forehead and turned off the lights. He went out and returned with a water bottle, keeping it on the table and laid down beside her. 

Jai: Good night. 

They both fell asleep. Meanwhile with Faisnat after Abhinavi left: 

Jaan was feeling very weird. It felt like she isn't ready to hear the truth. She couldn't explain the feeling, but it was disturbing her very much. Fais came inside and saw this. 

Fais: Jaan, what happened? 

Jaan: I don't know. Leave that, you say. 

He showed her something, it was a photocopy of marriage certificate. 

Jaan: Your name is there in the groom's name also and in witness also. 

Fais: Look carefully. 

She read it again and then realised what he meant. 

Jaan: Faisal Khan? 

Fais: Yes, Roshni is married to Faisal Khan, he is the father of her child. They used the advantage of us having the same name to confuse you all. But I am Nigam and he is Khan. 

Jaan: If they were getting married, why didn't Roshni live with him? 

Fais: She didn't know whether he'll accept the child or not, they never thought that they may have a child. They weren't even dating, everything happened by mistake. Roshni felt insecure that he may ask her to abort their child. And their relations weren't that good after that night. 

Jaan: And before that? 

Fais: Before that they were best friends. They both had feelings for each other, but they refused to accept it, let alone confessing. 

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝
╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Where has Roshni gone?

╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗
╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

Hey guys,

So this was chapter 30.

How was it?

Any suggestions or improvements?

Do vote and comment.

Stay tuned.

🙏🙏