three - orange juice and it's perks

Maggie had been in the restroom for at least 20 minutes now, so I decided to go see if she was okay.

I got off her bed and out her door and walked towards the restroom.

I could hear her talking to someone, but there was no one home, but us. Aaron had gone out on an errand and her parents are rarely ever home.

Since I've known Maggie, I've met her parents on very rare occasions. Growing up with Maggie, I've taken notice on how Aaron was usually always her parental figure. Her parents travel for a living, but didn't like the idea of taking their children anywhere with them.

Once in a while, they would bring souvenirs for their children. That stopped quickly when Maggie told me about an argument she overheard with her parents and Aaron.

Aaron had gotten into an argument with their parents because they were rarely ever home. They were lucky if they got to see them twice a month. According to Maggie, Aaron had brought up how most of the kids his age had parents who loved them and cared for them.

Said that his friends didn't have to take care of their younger siblings. It was obvious that after that day, Maggie started how to take care of herself.

I hear a hushed conversation coming from the bathroom and press my ear against the door to hear.

"-come on. We have to tell her soon. She's my bestfriend," the other person on the line speaks, she tries to interrupt, but they stop her. I hear her footsteps walking around the restroom like she's nervous,"Fine. I love you too." Maggie ends the call and she flushes the toilet to make it seem like she was actually peeing or something.

I head to the room as fast as I can and lay back on the bed. Maggie walks in a few seconds later and says she had 'lady troubles'. I take the call out of my mind and focus back on the party this weekend, which is tomorrow. Maybe Maggie does really want to tell me about her relationship with whoever this mystery guy is, but he really won't let her tell me.

-

I'm woken up by people talking in the kitchen. Theres a smell of breakfast in the air. People are laughing and eating.

I walk down the stairs of Maggie's house to find her and Aaron making breakfast.

I slept in Maggie's house because she thought it would be a good idea to get ready together and go together as well. Maggie doesn't have a car and I do. So that was a plus for her too.

"You hungry? There's pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausages. Aaron decided to go all chef and cook us breakfast as a 'thank you' for letting him stay in the house." Maggie turns back to her plate of food and continues eating. Aaron is shirtless. He has sweatpants on. Grey sweatpants. I look towards Maggie to make it look like I'm not staring at him.

Aaron turns to me, gives me a smile and asks me what I want. You. No. No. No. I want my boyfriend, Jackson. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen him all week. He said he's been busy with schoolwork, but Jackson has A's in all his classes. He's valedictorian. He's never busy. He does all studying at school.

"Everything and since it looks like you're now our personal maid, orange juice too please." I look over at Maggie and I tell her,"Have you seen Jackson this week? I haven't seen him at all. Only during passing periods, but he said he's been busy. You know Jackson, he's never busy and if he is, he's always busy with me."

Aaron squints his eyes and smiles at me,"Sure. Your Higness." He brings the plate of food over my way and I begin eating.

I turn back towards Maggie and shes stopped in her tracks. She's stopped chewing and her mind is somewhere else. She swallow her food slowly and begins talking.