ten - lola's kitchen

"Why should I care if she goes through what I did? She obviously didn't care how I would come out in this situation why should I? If she didn't at least have the smallest respect to tell me, why should I tell her her? No I'm not going to her. She can suffer all she wants." I say as I walk out the door.

present day

Leaving Maggie's house was almost therapeutic. I had no reason to go back to the house. It's obvious Maggie and me weren't friends anymore. Pretending to be her friend for these past two weeks is exhausting.

I call up Meredith to see if she wants to go grab a coffee. It is my birthday after all. Lucky me.

Getting into my car, I reach to grab my phone.
Dialing Meredith's number as I back out of the driveway.

The call goes through.

"Hey whats up?" Meredith says on the other end of the line.

"Hey. I confronted the devil and her sex slave yesterday. I slept over in Aaron's room and I'm hungry as shit. Wanna grab lunch right now? I can pick you up in like 25 minutes if there isn't any traffic?" I say, casually.

I've had the entire night to process my confrontation to both of them. Although I did punch them both, which was never my plan—kind of my plan. I guess I kind of hated them more for not telling me. Three years it went on and I was completely clueless. Three years.

"Excuse the fuck out of me? You confronted them! Without me! Are you fucking with me right now Cass?!" Meredith says with both confusion and seriousness.

"You know what don't answer that. Come now. I'll be waiting. And hurry the fuck up." She says.

I laugh and I almost end the call before Meredith speaks up again, "Are you kidding me Cass. I wanted to see the cat fight. I wanted to record and post it and go famous and shit." She says, as she exhales.

I laugh. "There wasn't much of a cat fight. Maggie's all bark, no bite. Not much of a surprise there." I say, as I stop at the red light.

"Yeah not much of a surprise there. Okay okay, i'll let you go. Te amo. Ten cuidado." She says.

"Te odio. I will." I say, as I end the call.

-

I'm right outside Meredith's house waiting for her to get out. I've been waiting for about ten minutes now. I've called and texted. I'm beginning to worry. Right when I'm about to call her again, I see her front door open.

A guy about 5'8 comes out. Same height as Meredith. He's white, which is surprising knowing Meredith doesn't like white guys. Says that she needs 'flavor' in her life and white guys just don't cut it.

Then I see her come out. He leans down as a way of telling her to give him a kiss on the cheek. He closes his eyes and immediately Meredith sprints towards my car. I unlock the door and give her a confused face.

"Don't ask—" She says, then turns around to roll the window down and shouts to the guy, "I'm sorry! You were terrible! Hit me up when you're better!" She rolls the window back up.

I give her another look and she bursts, "He was really goood looking Cass, but he was terrible. This is what I'm saying—Go. Go!" She yells as she hits my lap. I immediately put the car and drive and get out of Mer's drive way.

"Ow!" I say, as I rub my leg. "What is your problem Mer?"

"Sorry, he was walking over here. I couldn't let him embarrass himself even more." She says as she slaps her face. Then she bursts out laughing.

She's crying. Crying Laughing. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, but he was so bad." She says, she looks around the car and whispers, "He asked me if I could direct him where he was supposed to put it in cause he didn't know." She says again and starts laughing again and I join in with her.