eight - u matter

We sit in silence for the next 10 minutes or so. The music on the radio is country music which is really fucking annoying.

-

I pretend to look out the window and make sure not to get caught as my hand slightly goes up to touch the radio. I try to change it to another channel at least, but Aaron's hand wraps around my wrist. It doesn't hurt, but if I move my wrist he'll probably grab on harder.

"Oh come on. This music is shit. Please just let me change it. To another station at least." I beg. He keeps his eyes on the road not paying attention to what I'm saying.

"Please you can't tell me you actually like this crap." I laugh, as my eyes look out the window. It's an empty street and the moon is the only light out.

My head immediately snaps towards Aaron as his expression changes. "Oh my god. You're fucking with me?" I say, which I now wished I would've used another word. "Holy crap. You like this crap. You like country music. Oh my god." I say as I burst out laughing.

"Shut up." I can hear Aaron say, which only makes me laugh even more.

"I'm sorry—" I say, barely containing my laugh,"It's just—it's really really hard picturing you actually vibe with country music." I say. I'm containing my laughter, but a smile still manages to get out.

"I'm dropping you off here." Aaron says, as he pulls over to the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. "Aaron, I'm sorry. I deeply apologize. I fuck with your t-type of music." I say, trying not to laugh.

He doesn't say anything, but continue driving. "So, what's your favorite color?" I ask, to take my mind off his caca music taste.

His head snaps towards me, which makes me anxious. "Keep your eyes on the road beer boy." I tell him again.

His eyes go back onto the road. "So are you not going to answer me?" I tell him.

He shakes his head. "Use your words beer boy. You clearly didn't have a problem earlier." I tell him. I look towards him, but his eyes are still on the road. I accept the fact that he's not going to answer me, so I keep my eyes on the moon and stars shining through the car window.

"You'll laugh at me." He says out of nowhere. I smile at his response. "I promise you I won't." I say, sincerely. It couldn't be worse than Jacksons favorite color.

Orange. Jacksons favorite color is Orange.

Worse possible color ever. I truly deeply appreciate people who can style the color orange and even better, wear it and not look totally stupid.

Aaron seems to trust me and confides in me to tell me his favorite color. Adorable.

"Purple." He says, without hesitation. I don't laugh. I don't even snicker a little. I smile. I smile because his favorite color is purple. I hate the color purple, but I won't tell him that. At least not yet.

"Why would you think I would laugh at you?" I ask, his eyes don't leave the road which I appreciate.

"You laughed at me because I like country music." He responds, which makes me laugh a little.

"We'll yeah it's fucking country music." I tease him a little.

He releases a small smile. "Why is your favorite color purple?" I ask him. I'm curious. Most guys say blue or red. Sometimes green. I've never met a guy who likes the color purple. Prefers it.

"I don't know. I guess it's because it's a combination of my two other favorite colors. Blue and Red." He says, which makes me kind of disappointed. "I'm kidding." He says after he sees my disappointment in my face. His genuine smile gets to me.