nineteen - 18, but still 16

⚠️TW⚠️ SA/RAPE
LEAVE THIS CHAPTER IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY THE FOLLOWING.

It's all a blur. Everything that happened after I went outside to find Meredith, Lorenzo, and Aaron.

My vision is foggy and the last thing I remember is feeling happy. Feeling content, but when I woke up this morning something felt off.

I woke up on my bed and I noticed Meredith sleeping next to me. Her makeup still on, but she's changed out of her clothes from yesterday into pajamas that are mine.

On the floor I notice Lorenzo. He has one of the living room pillows, holding his head. Aaron is sitting against my bedroom wall, next to my closet.

He's sleeping so peacefully, but I know he's not
comfortable when he's slouched up against my wall.

I look around to find my phone, but it's no where in my room. When I get out of bed, I notice that I still have my clothes on from yesterday.

My red dress has ridden up my thighs, the tights I have on have multiple rips on them, and I only seem to have one glove on. I notice my heels along with Meredith's are thrown under my vanity.

I try to crawl around Lorenzo without waking up and I manage to leave my room without waking none of them up.

When I walk down the stairs and reach the end of them, immediately I notice the entire house is a mess. Red cups everywhere. Random items on my floor.

The kitchen island is sticky and gross. Pizza boxes all managed to stay on the table. It's worse when I walk out into the backyard.

Gross.

I close the sliding door, and that's when I spot my phone on the small table against the stairs.

I immediately go to check my phone and it's full of voicemails from Lola, and then a couple of voicemails from a random number, Meredith, and Aaron.

I go to check Lolas first and the first one is her telling me happy birthday along with the kids voices in the background.

The second one from her is telling me when she wants me to drop the kids off. That's when I notice that it's not 9 in the morning and more 2pm.

The next following voicemails from Lola are basically the same thing. "When are you gonna pick them up? "Are you awake yet?" "Happy birthday!" "If you want they can stay with me another night, but they insist that you come tonight for your yearly birthday dinner."

Every year on my birthday since I've known Lola, we have a birthday dinner with Lola in her restaurant. Every year she makes a different cake. Says she experiments all year and picks the best one for my birthday.

And because I love my birthday and it's my special with my family, I always tell people my birthday is the day before.

When I told Maggie and Jackson when it was, I told them the fake one. Sometimes we celebrated it sometimes we didn't.

But every year on my real birth date, I spent most of the evening with Lola and the kids.

I don't listen to Meredith, Aaron's, and who's I'm guessing is Lorenzo's voicemails, I go to call Lola.

-

I just ended my call with Lola. I told her the house was a mess still and I barely woke up. I say that I'll be there in time for the birthday dinner and that I'll take the kids home after the dinner if that was okay with her.

She said yes. I start cleaning some stuff off the counters and the floor when I realize again, I'm still wearing the dress from yesterday.

I put the trash bag down and go to walk upstairs. Getting closer I hear a hushed conversation behind my closed doors, but I think nothing of it.