thirteen - malibu barbie doll = maggie

Cassandra's POV
(3 days after the party)

Maggie is meeting Meredith today. I told Maggie a few days ago that I met a girl who I think she would get along with. Obviously they wouldn't get along, but Meredith really wanted to meet Maggie face-to-face. I'm skeptical about the whole thing, but in a week and four days, I will be free from Maggie Woods.

I sit on the edge of Maggie's bed, fiddling with my fingers. Maggie walks in with her phone in her hand, "Stop that." She sits on her bed a few feet away from me. I swear I roll my eyes so far back they almost get stuck.

"Who's better?" She asks, with that tone. "What?" I ask her in disbelief. "Who's better? Me or her?" She asks. I can't believe I'm hearing this right now. Of course she'd ask.

"You can't be serious." I tell her as I look out the window. I don't want to be having this conversation when Meredith arrives. I turn back to look at Maggie to see she has her hands crossed around her stomach. I scoff and look back out the window.

"It's not that hard. You've known me for 10 years and counting. You've know her what? Three days?" She tells me.

Yeah well she's been a better friend than you in those past three days than you have these past 10 years.

I don't look at her. Meredith has been a better friend these past three days than Maggie ever has. I feel bad for Maggie because she constantly thinks she's right when she's not.

Just then, I hear a car coming in through the driveway. I look back at Maggie, her gaze never leaving her phone. I suspect she's texting Jackson because when I look over at her, she straightens her phone. Like she doesn't want me to see.

I ignore her and leave the room. I always trip going down the stairs. I open the front door. Maggie gets out of her car and smiles when her eyes meet my gaze. "Where is she?" She says, loud enough that I think Maggie can hear her. I close the door behind me and walk to Meredith. "Don't say that so loud. She's gonna hate you." I say, as I give her a hug. "It's fine. I already hate her."

I can feel Maggie's glare through the damn windows. She's eyeing both of us down. "So what's with Ms.Crazy Eyes over there?" Meredith asks with a smile, making sure Maggie doesn't think we're talking about her.

"Shes been in a mood ever since I met you. She thinks I prefer you over her. Which I do. But she doesn't need to know that. I'm trying to keep this going as long as possible." I say, as I pretend to fake laugh.

Meredith's eyes wander to the window again as they completely dart back to mine. She clears her throat and says,"Ms.Crazy Eyes has disappeared."

I turn back to see the window open, but no one looking through it. I turn back to see Meredith's face full of worry.

"Oh my god. Are you scared of her?" I ask her, trying to hold in my laugh.

Her eyes immediately dart back to mine again as she slaps me on the arm. "No you dumb fuck. I just don't want your psychotic best friend to fuck my boyfriend if I were to ever have one." She laughs, which makes me laugh even harder.

Meredith joins in and we're both trying to contain our laughter. Meredith is the type of person to hit you when she's overjoyed and happy. Full of happy emotions. Especially when she's laughing. She's full on punching me on the arm, so I stumble back to find someone behind me.

I think it's Maggie, so I hit Meredith to stop laughing, but she can't stop. Which makes me not stop. I try to hold it in, but I laugh even more. Tears are physically coming out of eyes. Same with Meredith. I turn around to face Maggie when I come face to face with someone I've never seen before.