Chapter 2 - Explanations

Yumiko is currently in his living room with his parents across him as his father had his arms crossed.

"So...here's the thing, do you remember Miki Naito...?"

Yumiko said nervously as he was sweating a bit.

"The girl who forced you to sleep with her?"

Yumiko's mother, Lily asked.

"All because of that card game, vanguard right? Yumiko, she isn't bothering you, is she?"

Yumiko's father, Sean asked.

"W-Well...she came here yesterday and...well..."

Yumiko said as he left the room and his parents as they were just confused.

He then came back, this time with something wrapped in a blanket as Yumiko looked away with shame written all over his face. He looked so disappointed with himself that it was worse than when he failed audition after audition, but unlike an audition however, this is something he doesn't know how to move forward from.

"Yumiko...is this..."

Sean exclaimed as his mother just covered her mouth.

One year ago, Yumiko was part of a high stakes and high reward tournament that takes place in Kamogawa. This was Helles Roulette, a Vanguard tournament where players stake everything they have on the line, for what prize one may ask? Money. As simple as that, the more fights you win, the more credits they earn, and the more credits they earn, the more money they get. But there's also something else the fighters can do with those credits, this is called an "All in", it can only be done by someone who has more credits than the one they're challenging, and the one that loses, has all their credits transferred to the winner, and the loser must fulfill one request the winner asks for, as long as it doesn't risk their life, the Helles Roulette will simply see it as a price for losing, and the prize for the winner.

Of course, that was the high reward part, the risk that they must carry, is a specialized glove that they use, it activates once the fighter declares that they are taking damage and are electrocuted once they place the card in the damage zone, and they are not allowed to stop damage checking until they finish taking all the required damage from the opposing critical. So even if they're already at six damage, the fighter must take more damage if there is still one more critical remaining, and so on and so forth. The game is not for the faint of heart, and certainly not for those that are weak.

Yumiko Valor, was part of all of that. All in order to make his dream a reality, to become an idol unequalled and unmatched, to become someone that truly stands on top of everything, he couldn't care less about the money at all, he was more interested in proving himself, proving who he truly is. And most of all, winning. Having noticed that behaviour Miki took advantage of that and forced Yumiko into a relationship and coerced him into sleeping with her, and because of that, he was damaged, broken beyond repair. People that he thought were friends abandoned him upon hearing he slept with Miki, in fear that they might incur her wrath, have him become alone, even among his family, to the point where he doesn't want anyone to look at him, and lastly, driving him into Shinjuku, all in order to escape everything. But...

"Tangina! She forced you to do this, didn't she!?"

Sean angrily exclaimed.

"D-Dear, please calm down...!"

Lily exclaimed with a worried expression on her face.

"No! She toyed with my son too long!"

Sean retorted.

"Dad...please, listen to what I have to say..."

Yumiko said as Lily got him to sit down.

As they sat down, Yumiko then started to explain what Miki was doing here the other day as they finally realized, that Miki would not be here that long, and hearing this, Sean managed to calm down. Being Filipino, he was very sensitive about topics like this, so he was very understanding.