Chapter 21 - To Reach Out...To a Hand That Turns Away...

Music has been the guidepost to many musicians, aspiring or veterans. Regardless, that is the path these two have, one for survival and one for passion. To Yumiko Valor, everything has been about survival. He needs to survive...he wants to survive...he wants to live...!

"Cecilia attacks!"

Yumiko declared, striking Chisato's Velvet Voice, Raindear and pushing her back. He stood there on top, dominating the flow of the fight, nothing to hide, nothing to run away from, always moving forward despite getting hurt, that is Yumiko Valor.

"You're not out of the woods yet, Cornflower Flower Maiden, Ines, attacks!"

Yumiko declared, the total power reaching a staggering 76,000 power!

"Perfect guard...!"

Chisato exclaimed, her hand having two cards left.

"Martina!"

Yumiko declared his last strike, hoping to bring the match to a close.

"Perfect guard!"

Screamed Chisato, stopping Yumiko in his tracks.

"Oh, you survived, but I have seven cards in hand, what are you gonna do?"

Yumiko teased.

"Jeez, Miko-kun, why are you fighting all out!?"

Chisato complained.

"It's fine, now go ahead. It's your turn."

Yumiko then taunted as well, but instead of further going with the taunting, he just sighed.

"You know, I'm not an idiot."

He followed, with Chisato drawing her card and looking at him.

"I know you're not. I ride, Velvet Voice, Raindear!"

Chisato exclaimed.

"Then why do you challenge me?"

Yumiko asked.

"Because this is the best way I can tell you."

She replied.

"Chisato Shirasagi, I've been alone for most of my life, but now...I have a small little human, and my own band to deal with, I don't like to mess around anymore, every now and then, people have to grow up."

Yumiko explained.

"I understand."

She replied once more.

"But for now...I call, Pearl Sisters, Perle and Perla to the front row! Calling Hilda, Lusalos, Stezza! Stezza's boost, I attack with my vanguard!"

Chisato declared, trying to tear down Yumiko's defenses.

"No guard."

Yumiko replied.

"Twin drive...you claim you're alone, you always do, but I don't understand why you say that when you're clearly not."

Chisato explained.

"I don't want anyone to understand me. Damage check, draw trigger."

Yumiko said, pushing himself to three damage.

"I reveal the top ten cards of my deck, I ride School Etoile, Olyvia! Force 1! Stezza's skill, she retires and I draw. Perla attacks!"

Chisato said, with 50,000 power coming at him.

"Damage check, I got a draw trigger, No trigger..."

Yumiko replied, Cecilia sitting at 33,000 power.

Then, the grade 1 Perle attacked next, with a total power of 39,000 power, yet Yumiko stopped it effortlessly with two cards from his hand.