Chapter 7 - A Look in the Past: Lana Clover

A young girl with somewhat long black hair and light green eyes was running down the streets holding cards in her hands as a bunch of people followed her.

"Following a young maiden like that..."

She said as she held her deck out and what seems to be a deck case.

"You must really want to be crushed by yours truly!"

She exclaimed as she then pressed a button on the deck case as it transformed into a table that can accomodate her cards.

This is Helles Games, a dangerous vanguard tournament with high rewards.

"Blaster Dark attacks!"

Lana said as she easily took the win out of all the people there.

"Heh, that sucked, I didn't even get to go all out~"

Lana said as she entered a ramen store.

"Oh, Lana, welcome home."

A man behind the counter said with a smile.

"Hey dad, I'm home!"

Lana said as she let out a playful smile.

"Where's Haruto?"

Lana asked as she looked around the shop.

"Haruto and your mother went out for shopping, they should have been back a while ago though..."

He said as Lana went upstairs to relax.

This moment of repose was important for a Helle's Fighter like Lana who would exert both body and mind in playing vanguard, she would play her bass, just jamming with the music in her phone, along with her bass as she just sits on the small futon couch she laid out on the floor. This was her peace after all those fights, her relaxation time, if one chooses to phrase it that way.

However, her story decided not to always let her live happily.

"Mom...Haru...?"

Was all the young girl could say, seeing her father trying to reach out to his wife and son.

An accident...that's what they were told. The driver killed themselvesout of depression as his lifeless body was now in flames at the car crash.

"Mom...! Haruto...!"

Lana cried out as she ran towards the crash, but was of course stopped by the police as the paramedics took in her mother and little brother.

After a while, Lana was set to enter Miyaji academy, but she couldn't do so with ease, no matter how many times she was told that they were going to get better, no matter how many times even her mother stated that they would both be fine, and would just need some rest. The unease that she felt in her heart, was too much for her to bear at times, and would sometimes lose focus playing her bass.

Regardless, she told herself that she needed to move forward, no matter what.

"Lana...!"

Her father called out as she turned around before leaving the shop.

"What is it, dad?"

Lana asked as she had her luggage and bass with her.

"You forgot something."

Her father said as Lana was stunned by her father's statement.

"Eh...? What is it...!?"

Lana exclaimed as her father walked up to her with a case in his arms.

"Lana, congratulations on getting into Miyaji, this is a gift from me and your mother, take care of it."

Lana's father said as Lana placed the case on the floor and opened it.