Chapter 3 - Welcome to Miyaji!

Yumiko is in the Minato household as he explained who exactly Malisa is.

"That must be very hard, Yumiko..."

Yukina's mother said as she tried to comfort Yumiko.

"Don't worry, Auntie! But is it alright if I can rely on you guys sometimes...?"

Yumiko asked as a bead of sweat dropped from the side of his head.

"Oh we'd be glad to! Yukina's grown up already, and we do miss taking care of a child such as this."

She exclaimed.

"Speaking of which, where is Yuki-nee? Is she hanging out with Lisa-nee?"

Yumiko asked Malisa was playing with Yumiko's finger.

Unknowingly, the tension of the room got a little heavy as they just looked at each other akwardly.

"Well, their relationship is for sure, a little rocky, but they can get through it...Oh right, what about the childhood friends of yours by the way, were you able to get in contact with them?"

Yukina's father asked, quickly changing the subject.

"Regarding that, kinda...? I haven't seen them in years, the last time I saw them was before I entered middle school three years ago, but I did contact them a few days ago..."

Yumiko said as he didn't even look baffled by the statement.

"You don't particularly miss them, Yumiko?"

Yukina's mother then asked as Yumiko still focused on Malisa.

"Of course I do, but there's nothing I can do right now, all I can actually is hope I can meet them in the future, so until then...I'll have to become a person they're glad to reunite with..."

Yumiko said as Malisa laughed as she tried to grab Yumiko's hair.

Shortly after that, Yumiko then bid goodbye as he then went back home because of him having his first day of classes the next day, however, shortly after Yumiko left, Yukina came home.

"I'm home."

Yukina called out.

"Yukina, welcome home, your cousin was here earlier."

Her father said as he was reading a magazine on the couch.

"Oh, Yumiko? Is he visiting?"

Yukina asked.

"No, he's moving here, he's going to study at Miyaji Academy apparantly."

Her mother said as she was in the kitchen.

"Onee-chan, welcome back! Dinner is almost ready!"

A voice from the kitchen also called out.

"I'm looking  forward to it, Daichi."

Yukina said smiling at her little brother as he was trying his best to make dinner.

"Onee-chan, Miko-nii has a child now, did you know?"

Daichi asked as Yukina's eyes widened.

"Eh...?"

Yukina said as her face was just in shock.

The next day, Yumiko dropped Malisa off at the Minato household as they happily took Malisa in as even Malisa was happy to be with her new grandparents. Right now, Yukina's mother was holding Malisa in her arms as she was in a solid pink onesie as she was looking at Yumiko with a confused face.

"Thank you for helping me out, Uncle, Auntie."

Yumiko said as he was smiling.

"No problem, Yumiko. And if I may, you look great with your new uniform."