Chapter 16 - Day Off

It was the end of another practice session between Pastel*Palettes and Яverb, they were walking out of the studio while Yumiko pulled out a meat bun from his bag and started eating.

"I wonder how you never get fat with so much food going down your mouth..."

Chisato commented.

"I workout a lot, simple as that."

Yumiko replied as he stretched his arms, holding the meatbun in his mouth.

"I'm going to this cafe later, want to come along?"

Chisato offered.

"I have time, let's go."

Yumiko replied as he fixed his guitar strap and followed her.

"Weren't they fighting just a few moments ago...?"

Lana asked as both bands followed them out of the agency.

Yumiko and Chisato are what people call "Best Frienemies" where they were still on good terms but would not hesitate to throw hands at each other, of course, using their cards.

"Oh right... Pastel*Palettes..."

Yumiko said as they all stopped and looked at the male. He then turned around and dropped the most serious look that he can give to the band.

"We will give you an exam after tomorrow, you will perform three songs with at least twenty second intervals between them, and you must play them perfectly."

Yumiko stated as he turned around once more and proceeded to walk forward again as Яverb followed him.

"Miko..."

Chisato muttered as she followed him while leaving everyone standing there in shocked.

"Miko, what do you mean test...?"

Chisato asked.

"Exactly what it means, think of it as a mock performance, we'll be your audience of course."

Yumiko explained while they arrived at the Jizo Dori Shopping District.

"Hazawa cafe? You know this place?"

Chisato asked.

"Yes, it's very well-priced, and the coffee is great as well."

Chisato explained.

"My childhood friend works here."

Yumiko explained as they entered the cafe.

"Really? Maybe you can bring Malisa-chan here once she gets older."

Chisato commented as they sat down on a table together.

"Excuse me, one houseblend please~!"

Yumiko called out as Tsugumi recognized his voice.

"Yumiko, welcome! Oh, Chisato-san? You two are friends?"

Tsugumi welcomed Yumiko with a smile before noticing Chisato and asking her question, all with a smile still on her face.

"Yes, we've been friends for a while."

Chsiato explained.

"Is that so? Anyway, what can I get you, Chisato-san?"

Tsugumi asked.

"I'll have a houseblend as well."

Chisato said as she gave her usual smile and Tsugumi left to get their orders.

"I feel like your smile has gotten more sincere..."

Yumiko said as he smiled as well.

Outside, Яverb and Pastel*Palettes were looking through the window at the two interacting, and actually laughing together!?