Chapter 19 - Warm Reunions

Christmas, a time for family to be together, for friends to be happy, but that isn't the case now, since it was still the first few weeks of September.

"Yumiko, I have several questions."

Lana complained as Яverb was staring at the decorations around Yumiko's penthouse.

"So it's true...Filipinos really do celebrate Christmas early..."

Satori said as he looks like he just proved a thesis paper.

"The hell is this guy on..." "What..."

Both Lana and Vyrrah thought respectively at the same time as Chisato walked out of the kitchen in her casual black shirt, green jogging pants, and white socks on, while holding a slice of coconut pie on a small plate in her hands.

"Oh, everyone...Miko stepped out for a bit."

She said as she sat on the sofa.

"C-Chisato-san!? W-What are you doing here...!?"

Satori asked.

"I'm hanging out with Miko, obviously."

Chisato said that so as-a-matter-of-factly, that it shocked the members of Яverb.

"He just needed to get some milk, he should already be on the way back."

Chisato explained while she enjoyed the pie.

"So, was he already here when you arrived or...?"

Tōrinori asked.

"No, he was already gone, he must have wanted to be back before Malisa-chan wakes up."

Chisato replied as she finished her pie.

"If I may ask, how were you able to enter Yumiko's residence without him here?"

Vyrrah then asked.

"With a key and keycard, of course."

Chisato explained as she showed her own copy of the keycard with a set of keys.

"How about you guys?"

Chisato asked.

"Well, I'm actually supposed to return this, he lent it to me yesterday."

Lana said as she presented a spare keycard and key.

"Oh, I'll put it back if you don't mind then."

Chisato said as she placed the plate down and gently took the keys from Lana before putting the keycard and keys in their respective racks near the door.

Slightly surprised at how used Chisato is to the place, she returned to the sofa as she was reading a script that she would need for a segment that she was doing for Pastel*Palettes.

"I'm home..."

Yumiko instinctively called out as he walked into the living room and saw the rest of Яverb there.

"Oh, you guys are early, I'll get changed, hey Chi-chan."

Yumiko said as he nonchalantly greeted while walking to the kitchen.

"Hey...by the way, the pie was delicious."

Chisato replied.

"Ah, thanks, I made it yesterday."

Yumiko stated ashe brought out a hoodie from his room.

"You're not even surprised she's here, but surprised when we're early...?"

Satori asked.

"Kinda...?"

Yumiko replied as he put a white hoodie on.