Chapter 9 - A Look in The Past: Vyrrah Khalos

Ten years ago, at the age of 6, Vyrrah Khalos loved music. Her hands blistered from the drumsticks, arms stronger from the drumming, and legs fast from the pedals. Her Hand-Eye and foot coordination was amazing as well.

"Amazing, Vyrrah!"

An old man said as he patted the young child's head.

"Hehe, thank you grandfather...! I want to be an amazing drummer like mother one day after all!"

Vyrrah said as she was smiling away.

"Vyrrah, one day, it's either you follow your dreams and become an awesome drummer like you say you will, or you become the family's successor."

He stated.

"It's alright! I'll be an amazing drummer, and succeed the Khalos family! I promise you, grandfather! I'll also be sure to take care of Aizo!"

Vyrrah exclaimed.

"I know you'll take care of your little brother, but remember to do things you want as well, alright?"

He pleaded.

"Grandfather, please don't be mistaken...I've always been doing what I want!"

Vyrrah said as she jumped and hugged her grandpa.

"Vyrrah...I can tell, you're going to shine on stage one day, I just pray I will get to see it..."

He said as he gave Vyrrah a gentle smile.

"Onee-chan...!"

A small child said as it entered the room.

"Aizo!"

Vyrrah said as she ran up to her little brother and hugged him.

"I-I heard everything...! Grandpa...! I'll take over the family as the head, Onee-chan, I want to see you become an awesome drummer!"

Aizo exclaimed.

"But, what abou-"

Vyrrah said but was cut off by Aizo.

"I want to help out Onee-chan too! I love Onee-chan after all...!"

Aizo declared.

"Aizo..."

Their grandfather said as he gave a soft smile.

He then placed his hands on top of their heads as the two children looked at him.

"Both of you...take care of each other, alright?"

He said as the two of them smiled at him.

"Of course!"

They both exclaimed at the same time.

A few years later, Vyrrah is standing in front of her grandfather's grave at the mere age of eight, standing with Aizo, who's only five years old, as he holds her hand.

"Grandfather..."

Vyrrah said as she held her drumsticks.

"I'll become the most amazing drummer...like I promised you...!"

Vyrrah declared while she tried to hold back the tears in her eyes.

"Vyrrah...are you still going to be a drummer...?"

Her mother asked.

"Mother...I am...I'll be the best drummer! Just like I promised grandfather!"

Vyrrah declared.

"But how about the family? Will you no longer be the family heiress?"

This time her father asked.

"Of course...! I will succeed the family's name...! I'll be a successful musician and take care of the family as well...!"