Chapter 17

Two days before the trip to fall festival Tine received a call from his husband before his lunch time, when he picked up Sarawat ask "Wife, come outside. I’m here".Tine was extremely surprised as wondering his husband came at his workplace he ask back "Now? I still have five minutes to lunch". Sarawat replied "Just come out. I already talked to Aunt Jen".

Tine went quiet thinking why his husband suddenly decided to showed up . He was contemplating while Sarawat was still waiting on the other side of the phone, he turned to Green and inform his friend "I'm sorry Green, Wat called and said he wants to meet me"? Green teased "You mean Sarawat? That brat of a husband who keeps you awake till late at night?". There was something inside Tine that wanted to defend him but then he just glared and left.

After Tine left and went out from the front door, he realize that there was a group of three people flocking near the entrance gates. His husband was one of them. Wearing an immaculate silver suit Sarawat turned around with a bag of frappuccinos in his hand as he heard his wife stomping on the way towards him. Tine recognised Dim and Krist behind him. Each of them held some sort of coffee and large food bags in their hands and around their wrists.

When Tine reached Sarawat smile saying "Hey Wife".  Tine didn't know how to respond to so he nods with soft smile. He had never met his husband at work, since that one time before their wedding. Sarawat had his charming and bright smile on his lips, He seemed much more alive and happy since last few weeks and he doubt if it's because of their sex agreement or there's something else. Tine ask "Wat, What are you doing here?". His voice came out a little bit defensive.

Sarawat smile wavered for a second but then he again smiled brightly. Tine knew he was blushing like crazy looking at his husband it worsened since it was but cold that day. Sarawat answered "I brought lunch.. lobster rolls and pasta". He pulled up the bag in his hand and announced it excitedly. Tine immediately said "Wat That's alot of..." Then his eyes landed on Dim and Krist hands with food bags. Tine curiously asked pointing at the other four bags "Lobster rolls and pasta?". Sarawat nods and Tine was confused for a second and then it hit him. Crap!!.

Sarawat pushed Tine's coffee to him saying  "Your favourite. Black coffee. No sugar". Tine took the coffee from his husband hand mumbling "Thanks".  Krist asked "Mr. Guntithanon suggested to surprise you with food" Clearly he was surprised. Tine turned to Sarawat, who was staring at him expecting some kind of response in return with soft eyes. His cheeks were red because he stood in the cold for too long. Tine doesn't know what to say he nods his head at Krist then at his husband. Of course, it was nice of his husband to bring food but Why?. His stupid reading too much romance novels heart told him its something romantic but why it's happening with him. Tine couldn’t help but feel like he wanted more than this, and it felt like he was drowning in pool of romance, living a romantic life with Sarawat even though in actual their is no love. Still he was supposed to feel enough. He was supposed to feel grateful for their arrangement and not expecting or wanting more.

Once all of them settled by the wooden tables in the staff cafeteria to eat. Sarawat PA. Krist and Dim sat with them with Gulf and Green. Aunt Jenny was also there and before Sarawat settled beside Tine  Aunt Jenny already interfered in his happiness. She was upset with Sarawat because he didn't showed up in her birthday party. He had already covered up by saying something important came up but she didn't buy his excuse. Aunt Jenny  called for Sarawat and said "Boy! Fetch me water from the pantry. I want a new one. Freezing cold". Sarawat said "Dim is nearest to you ask him. And, I don’t work here. I don’t know where the pantry is...". Dim almost choked hearing his name while he was eating like a pig. Sarawat voice came out but louder in silence surrounding since his and Tine's table was the farthest. Aunt Jenny insist "Use the map boy. I need water. I don’t drink coffee. Now". Tine look back and forth to both Aunt Jenny and his husband then he stood up saying "Miss Jenny, maybe I..". Aunt Jenny stabbed her fork in her plate and said "I want that boy to do it, This lobster roll is spicy and pasta is too stale for my liking". She commented and glared at Sarawat direction because particular spicy lobster roll was Sarawat's.