Chapter 9

Haven't proofread. Happy reading!

Chapter 9

==================================

But before she gives it another thought, her phone starts to ring. And it's her classmate from college, Riddhi.

"Haan, Riddhi, bol, kaise yaad kiya" answered Raavi.

"Humara college ek fest host karne waala hai, aur kal se organisers and volunteers ke calls start honge, maine socha tujhe bata doon, tu toh pehle bhi Cultural Secretary reh chuke hai, iss baar bhi koi team lead kar le" replied Riddhi.

"Oh wow, kitna mazaa aayega, main definitely isse consider karoongi, kal milte hai, bye" ending the call, feeling upbeat in that moment, but coming back to the current quickly too.

"Chaley Dev?" asked Raavi awkwardly as he was waiting for her to finish the call.

They are walking back home in silence and Raavi is already regretting refusing Shiva, although they would probably end up bickering about something on their way, but at least it wouldn't be weird like, it was right now.

"I know, tum Shiva ko mana kar ke regret kar rahi hai ho, kahan tumhe mere saath yeh awkward silence share karna padh raha" said Dev trying to break the ice.

"Aisi koi baat nahi, Dev" covered up Raavi quickly with a faint smile.

"Waise Raavi, tumhe ek baat bolu, please mujhe galat mat samajhna, ghar pe sab hi tere side pe hai, Shiva ne tere saath bohut galat kiya, yeh baat koi deny nahi kar raha, par mera bhai koshish kar raha hai apni galti sudhaar ne ka, khud ko badalne ka, pichle kuch dino maine yeh dekha hai, aur Shiva na kabhi bhi kisi ke liye badla nahi hai, aur mujhe nahi pata ki tum usse kabhi maaf kar paaogi yaa nahi, but at least usse apni galti sudhaarne ka mauka toh do, main tumhe force nahi karna chahta, tum jo bhi decision lo, woh tumhara apna hoga aur Shiva ko uski respect karni hogi, but mujhe laga as a friend mujhe tumhe yeh bolna chahiye, but maine jo bhi bola uske baare mein sochna zaroor, baaki tumhari marzi" said Dev cautiously trying to understand her reaction. When she didn't respond to him, he sighed and decided he did his part for his brother.

"Aur haan agli baar Shiva ko leke aana yeh samaan rakhne ke liye, kyun ki mere toh haath dukhne lag gayi, itna bhaari bhoj asaani se sirf Shiva hi uthaa sakta hai" added Dev lightly, indirectly implying to her not to refuse Shiva the next time around.

She nodded that she would think about it and muttered a quick "thank you" to Dev and went inside.

——————At Hardik's house—————

Raavi is busy cooking dinner for herself and Hardik Bhai, deep in thought about what Dev said.

She thinks about Shiva in the last few days, he had not once asked her to return back home or told her to come back to him, instead, he was just trying to help her out in numerous ways he could think of, giving her, her space, yet being there for her whenever he thought, she needs him.

Shiva had always been someone who was very protective of his loved ones. He would die or kill for them if needed. Everything for him when it comes to his family was extreme. Raavi had always craved for someone to love her to the extreme and she always felt, she fell short of making that place in his life as he had chosen to blame her for everything that went wrong that dreaded day. He did not trust her enough and decided that she would do such an evil thing with his family. And that was the last straw for her. She had always thought, despite their fights and misunderstanding, their love for Pandya Pariwar was the constant. Shiva and she both loved his Bhabhi and looked up to her. But his blinding rage, at the time, did not let him see that. So, she had decided that she would never let anybody treat her that way, she would be independent for herself. Although, the last few days had totally put her decision into a complete dilemma, because of her Bhoothnath's efforts.