Chapter 33

I haven't really been inspired to read or write lately. Life has taken a very different turn so I have been avoiding writing for the last year. Gosh, I can't believe it's been almost a year since I last wrote something, but something in me clicked today and I decided it would be unfair to leave this story incomplete. So I am kind of trying to pull it together and get myself to write again, it might feel different reading this because I am writing after a year. But here I am with another chapter! Happy reading!

Chapter 33

====================================================================
"Gautam, meri beti ke khushi ke khatir main kuch bhi kar sakta hoon, pann abhi ke liye hum chalte hai, jab meri behen khud apne beta ka rishta leke nahi aayenge Raavi ke liye, main tab tak aashirwaad nahi doonga" added Mama firmly and left with rather protesting Mami and a subdued Anita.

After Mama and Mami's departure, the people in Pandya house kept waiting with bated breath for Shiva and Suman to return, with Raavi pacing around the room in circles while constantly glancing at Suman's room.

After what felt like almost an hour, Shiva finally emerged into the aangan again with quite a subdued look. Raavi immediately rushed to him, looking at his face, hoping to find answers. She was disappointed to find none on his face and without further ado, she found her voice asking, "Shiva, kaaki ne kya bola?"

"Woh Chipkali, main-main, woh kya hai ki Maa ne- maa ne kuch bhi sunne se mana kar diya, par par tu chinta mat kar Maa se kal phir se baat karoonga main, main unko mana kar rahoonga" said Shiva in a desperate attempt to convince her, whilst trying to convince himself within.Shiva held onto her by her shoulder while she looked at him disbelievingly, suddenly unsure of their future together. Things had finally started to get better with Shiva and they had finally moved forward with each other in life, for the first time walking together in this journey and the obstacles never seemed to end.

Seeing Raavi's face contemplating some things, Shiva broke her out of her thoughts by saying, "Raavi tu mujhpe bharosa karti hai na" to which she gulped, nodding. "Phir bas, tu bharosa rakh, main sab theek kar doonga, chal main tujhe ghar chod deta hoon" said Shiva, taking her hand and making their way towards the door.

"Par Shiva main Maa se baat kar ke dekhti hoon, aise kaise hum Raavi ko jaane denge, tu rukh" said Dhara in a determined tone. But Shiva cut her off saying, "Bhabhi, Maa abhi kisi se baat karna nahi chahti toh abhi jaake bhi koi faayda nahi, hum iss baare mein baad mein baat karte hai ki aage kya karna hai, philhaal main Chipkali ko ghar chod ke aata hoon"

===============================================================
---Outside Mama's house---

Shiva and Raavi are seen getting off Shiva's bike and with Raavi looking extremely distressed. "Shiva, agar kaaki ne mana kar diya toh, mujhe pehle se hi pata tha, ki kaaki kabhi iss rishte se khush nahi hongi, aur hogi bhi kyun, meri wajah se hi toh unke bete ne khud pe shak karna chalu kiya, ki woh mere laaikh hai bhi yaa nahi, kaunsi maa aisa chahegi ki unka beta apne aatmavishwaash ko kho baithe, mujhe toh lagne laga hai ki kaaki sahi hai, main tere liye-" only to be cut off by Shiva's hand on her mouth.

"Aaj flow mein keh diya, dobaara kabhi mat kehna. Tum mere liye kabhi galat nahi ho sakti, bholenaath ne tumhe mere liye hi bheja hai iss duniya main aur yeh baat pe gaant bandh lena, kyun main tera saath kabhi nahi chodne waala naa aaj, naa kabhi aur, samjhi?" added Shiva intently, looking at her with his eyes a mix of fury and passion.

Raavi nodded and said something in a muffled voice that sounded like, "samajh gayi ab haath toh hata de" to which Shiva removed his hand. Raavi was still deep in thought and clearly unsure of how things would turn which Shiva noticed and decided to lighten the mood.He grabbed her by her waist and pulled her close to him, making her eyes widen and go, "Shiva, kya kar raha hai, chod, sab dekhenge"

"Toh dekhne toh, main kisi se darta nahi" smirked Shiva confidently at the now flustered Raavi."Shiva, pagal ho gaya hai kya agar mausapaa ne dekh liya toh?" fumbled Raavi clearly affected by his proximity.

"Toh kya? Main mama se thodi darta hoon, waise bhi aaj toh maine sab ke saamne bol toh diya tha maine, ki tu meri kya lagti hai" said Shiva with a twinkle in his eye, trying to see what Raavi would say to that.

Raavi's cheeks blushed crimson at the thought of Shiva confessing that he loved her in front of everyone. But wanting to see if her Bhoothnath was bold enough to say it again, she pretended to play dumb saying, "Acha? Kya lagti hoon main tere liye? Mujhe toh yaad nahi tune sab ke saamne kya bola" smiling cheekily.

Shiva's eyes lit up in challenge as well as amusement to see his nautanki back again and he pulled her even more closer, tightening his hold on her saying, "Tujhe sacch mein yaad nahi hai, yaad dilaaon main" and looked at her in anticipation.

Meanwhile, Raavi looked behind him in horror and said "Mausapaa?" to which Shiva left her free from his hold in panic and turned around. To his dismay, only to see Raavi laughing and running towards the entrance of the house mocking him, "Main mama se thodi darta hoon, fattoo"

Just as Shiva is about to protest, they hear Mama calling out saying, "Raavi beta tu aa gayi kya?" to which Raavi responds "Ji Mausapaa, aayi"

Raavi bids Shiva goodbye smilingly and walks in. Shiva, happy to see her smile again, mounts his bike and is about to leave when Raavi comes rushing to him and pecks him on his cheek, "Bye bhoothnaath, baad mein baat karte hai" leaving a tinge of red on his cheek which he caresses gently, smiling like in a trance and later shaking his head at his and her behavior.

================================================================

How will Shiva convince Suman and fulfill his promise to Raavi?

Well, I wasn't yet ready to deal with Suman since I just got back to writing, so it is a sort of a filler chapter kinda. I will definitely address Suman in the next chapter. Until then, stay tuned!