Chapter 10

It's been extremely busy. Last few weeks! Had to rush rush into this chapter. Haven't proof read. Happy Reading!

——————At Hardik's house——————

Raavi is seen being her chirpy self, making sandwiches in the morning, for herself and Hardik, humming some tune, feeling very upbeat about her upcoming day in college. She sees Hardik entering the dining area with a newspaper in hand and greets him with a cheerful "Good morning".

Walking upto him, she serves him some sandwiches, grabs a couple for herself and informs him that Krish might be waiting for her and she has to leave. Picking her bag, she bids a hasty goodbye to Hardik and leaves to meet Krish. 

On spotting Krish, she greeted him with a "Good morning Krish, le sandwich thoos" stuffing a sandwich in his mouth.

"Good morning Bhabhi" in a muffled voice trying to talk while eating, "I mean— Raavi" he added quickly and asks her "Aap bade khush lag rahe ho aaj"

"Krish, tujhe pata hai aaj college fest ka annoucement hone waala hai, organize karne mein kitna mazaa aayega, tujhe pata hai bohut saare teams banaye hai to handle various events like Food and Drinks committee, Publicity and Marketing committee, Arts and Dance committee etc, how exciting naa" said Raavi animatedly.

"Aap kaunse committee head karne ka soch rahe hai, mujhe toh Food and Drinks sabse exciting lag raha, Khaana, Peena aur Aish karna, aur kya chahiye" added Krish dramatically.

"Tujhe head banaliya toh college aur sponsors ka loss hi hoga, tu sab kuch thoos lega, baaki ke liye kuch bachega hi nahi" said Raavi smirking at him, shaking her head at his nautanki.

"Arrey nahi, main toh mazak kar raha tha, but yeh perfect rahega, aur snacks and drinks, Pandya Store se laa bhi toh sakte hai, convenient rahega humaare liye" added Krish thoughtfully.

"Hmmm, main toh soch rahi hoon Arts and Dance committee ko choose karoon, studies ke alawa kuch extra curricular accha rahega, so thoda change hoga for me......" trailed Raavi.

"Chal abhi nikalte hai" she said sitting on the bike behind Krish.

——————— At Pandya Store ——————

Shiva is seen balancing a lot of boxes one on top of the other, trying to take it into the store and someone clashes with him, resulting in a fall of him along with all the boxes.

"Abeyy andha hai kya, dekh ke nahi chal sakta" said the stranger angrily while Shiva tried to get back on his feet.

"Sorry bhaisaab, maine aapko dekha nahi" said Shiva miserably, deep in thought about something else, picking up the boxes that lay askew on the flow.

"Arrey Shiva bhai, aap, maine toh dekha nahi aap ko, sorry, maine yeh sametne mein aapki madad kar deta hoon" said the stranger fearfully thinking that Shiva would explode any minute and burn him alive.

"Nahi koi baat nahi, aap rehne do, main karloonga" added Shiva, clearly not in his usual element, unaware of his surroundings.

Gaumbi and Kaki witness this incident and are baffled to see Shiva so mellow and saying sorry to someone, especially when he wasn't at fault. They looked at each other puzzled as to what was up with Shiva.

"Shiva, tu theek toh hai" said Gaumbi placing his hand on Shiva's back and bending down to help Shiva.

"Haan Gaumbi, mujhe kya hona hai" said Shiva looking at him confused."Nahi, yeh pehli baar ho raha hai ki teri galti nahi thi, aur tune gussa bhi nahi kiya" said Gaumbi raising his one eyebrow questioningly.

"Woh Gaumbi, kisi ne mujhse kahan hai, ki gussa karna kam karoon, waise bhi iss gusse ke wajah se bohut kaand hue hai, ab aur nahi chahta mein" said Shiva, picking up the boxes, walking away to the storeroom, cutting their conversation off while Gaumbi looked on worried.

———————At Pandya Niwas—————

It was evening around 6, when Krish stopped his bike in front of Pandya Niwas with Raavi.

"Krish tu yahan kyun leke aaya mujhe" horrified when they stopped there.

"Woh ghar mein bohut saare posters aur art bana ke liye saaman hai, main bas woh leke aaya, phir hum Hardik Bhai ke ghar chalenge aur fest ka prep discuss karte hai, aap ke paas bhi arts aur woh sab saaman nahi rahega naa, toh maine socha main leke aa jaaon ghar se, bas do min main aaya, aap yahan rukho" without waiting for a response, he scurried into the house.

"Krish—" she called out, but in vain, looking around hoping a certain Bhoothnath doesn't show up.She looked around at PN, suddenly all the memories flooding back to her but it was interrupted by"Raavi? Tu yahan?"

She turned back to find Shiva looking at her stunned. 

"Nahi, nahi, yeh toh pakka mera sapna hai" he mumbled to himself looking at her cautiously, rubbing his eyes."Raavi, yahan kyun aayega, kaash yeh sapna nahi sacch hota, pann yeh pehli baar thodi na hua hai" he blabbered while she looked at his behavior in surprise. 

She is bewildered to find out that he dreams about her and that he couldn't fathom she could actually be here. This was news to Raavi, as they never really discussed or talked about their feelings ever. It had always been unspoken between them. And yet, here he was talking to her, thinking she was an illusion.

He advanced towards her while she instinctively took a step back, but he caught up with her and asked "Waise mujhe bilkul bhi accha nahi laga ki kal tune Dev se help lene se mana nahi kiya, aur mujhe mana kar diya" he complained to her like a kid looking annoyed.

Before she could retort he said, "Pann mujhe pata hai, ki mere aas paas rehne se tujhe takleef hoti hai, toh koi baat nahi, kaash main yeh dard kam kar paata, pann main toh gadhedi hoon na, mujhe toh kuch aata hi nahi hai, aur tu—" stopping midway."Anyway, yeh sab chod, tujhe pata hai aaj maine pura din bilkul hi gussa nahi kiya" said Shiva to her, crossing his arms, looking very proud of his feat. 

"Itna aasan nahi hai, kyun ki gussa toh meri naak rehta hai, par main try toh kar raha hoon, aur ek din hopefully tujhe bhi iss baat ka yakeen hoga" he said sincerely looking into her eyes. 

She wasn't sure if she should break his bubble and tell him that she is actually here, but before she could, Krish came out of PN going "Chalo, maine saara saman le leya hai, chalte hai", making her and Shiva both startled. 

Shiva looks at Krish and then back at Raavi with horror on his face, turning red, realizing this wasn't one of his dreams. 

"Shiva, tu yahan" Krish asked.

"Woh, woh— main...Woh" fumbled Shiva looking at Raavi at a loss of words."

Chal Krish, chalte hai" added Raavi hastily taking all the stuff from his hands and sitting behind him on his bike, all the while looking at Shiva, who was still in a trance about what just happened. 

Shiva sees them ride away and thinks, "Pata nahi kya soch rahi hogi, Chipkali, tu ek number ka gadhedha hai Shiva, pata nahi kya kya bol gaya flow mein" facepalming himself.

Meanwhile, Raavi is thinking about Shiva's antics and how innocently and freely he spoke to her about his thoughts, his days, his efforts. Shiva and her were never one for having direct conversations and this was one of those rare times, were Shiva actually poured his heart out to her and refreshingly, she didn't feel the pain this time, it felt nice for a change. Maybe her heart was healing a little.

To be continued.........

======================================

I think since Raavi, now has other things going on like college studies and fests, she's starting to let go a little bit, doesn't mean she will rush back to PN, there's time for that 

Anyway, it's a mess in my head right now. I have a few directions in which this story can go and I am all confused

Let me know what you guys think.