Chapter 28

I mean, it was time to face everything I guess. So re entry of Mami into ShiVi's life was necessary. There will be some repercussions to it all of course, but it's needed for the progress in the story. Happy reading!

Chapter 28

===========================

"Yeh tu kya bol rahi hai Raavi, tu Mami ke ghar wapas jaayegi?" asked Shiva, still in shock.

"Shiva mujhe please Hardik Bhai ke ghar chod de" said Raavi, not answering his question and not looking at him.

"Pann Raavi, tu—" asked Shiva only to be interrupted by her pleading, "Shiva pleaaase" and looking at him as if begging him to stop. One look at her eyes which was filled with hurt, was enough to melt his inquisitiveness and his resolve to get his question answered, dissolved into thin air.

"Acha chal baith" he said, sighing in defeat. The silence between them was eating him all the way till they reached Hardik's house.

—————At Hardik Bhai's place--------

Raavi still hadn't said a word as they walked inside the house. "Kya hua wahan pe Raavi, tu kya soch rahi hai" asked Shiva again, softly this time, following her in despair.

"Mausapaa ko bohut bura laga ki itna sab kuch hone ke baad, maine unhe bataya nahi, unhone kahan ki maine unhe paraya kar diya, aur ghar wapas laut ne ko kaha" mumbled Raavi looking quite in pain. She walked and sat down on the sofa in the living room like a statue. Shiva took a seat beside her and put his arm across her shoulder and pulled her towards him.

"Raavi tu wahan nahi jaayegi" said Shiva firmly.

"Shiva, mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha" cried Raavi tearfully.

"Raavi, jo bhi hoga hum saath mein milke handle kar lenge, pann tu uss ghar mein wapas nahi jaayegi, main tujhe phir se Mami ke paas nahi chodne wala" insisted Shiva again.

"Shiva, har baat pe maasi ko beech mein laana zaroori hai, main apni baat kar rahi hoon, woh mera bhi ghar hai Shiva, meri kitne yaadein judi hai wahan, apne ghar ko chod jaane ka dard tu nahi samjhega, main do baar jhel chuki hoon" sobbed Raavi in anguish.

Raavi had faced what it was like to leave her house after she had been married to Shiva and she had faced it again when Shiva had thrown her out of Pandya Niwas. She was conflicted between rights and wrongs. She knew she had left because of the wrongdoings of her Maasi and Anita Di, but she couldn't avoid the fact that it had been her home for so many years. She had never been deprived of anything in that house. That house was full of her childhood memories. She had always yearned to live in a house that was filled with people who loved her and her dream had failed both times. Her childhood home turned out to be infested with people who had been the reason for her failure in her marriage. And Pandya Niwas where she had always dreamed of being, had also brought her disappointment. She was quite certain about what Shiva would say if she even suggested that she was considering going back.

On the other hand, it pained Shiva to see her that way, she looked so much absorbed by the pain. It was almost as if all her old wounds were been scratched on again. How happy had they been in their bubble the last few days and now one small visit to Mami's place had brought back all the sadness that he wanted to shield her from. He loathed himself for letting her go in there alone, he shouldn't have given in to her demands and he should have gone inside with her. And now he had nothing to say to her. What could he say? He didn't want her to go and stay there and let Mami and Anita inflict more pain on her.