Chapter 20

Another chapter is here! Raavi's dance performance finally! Haven't proofread please ignore any mistakes!

======================

Chapter 20

————At college———— 

Raavi gazed across the audience, spotted Shiva and the rest of the family giving her a thumbs-up, and with a sudden burst of courage that she didn't know she possessed, she stepped onto the stage taking a position just as Sameer mimicked the same. As the soothing music whispered into her ears, she began to glide to the rhythm of it. Her dress spun around and it felt like she was flying. Most of the jitters she had melted in the swells of the music. Perfectly in tune with the beat, Sameer grabbed her hand and they waltzed away to the music. She danced, danced like no one was watching, and she started feeling like herself once again. The music flowed through her body and it was pure bliss, she was happy. They ended the performance on a high note and struck a pose, as loud applause erupted from the audience.

Shiva and the rest of Pandya Pariwar were standing in the crowd, hooting for her, and applauding the loudest, with big smiles on their faces. As she saw them supporting her wholeheartedly she got all emotional. This is all that she had always craved for. A family that would love her and supports her, be proud of her and be present for her. As the applause died out, Raavi and Sameer held their hands, bowed out, and left the stage.

The first thing she did as soon as she got down the stage was rush to the Pandyas. Dhara Di and Rishita spotted her and hugged her so tight telling her how elegant and graceful she was throughout the performance. Dev and Gaumbi too chimed in to compliment her when Krish came running towards Raavi from somewhere and hugged her saying, "Kya performance diya aapne, mazaa aagaya, aag laga di aag" gesturing fire in his hands. 

Now that she had gotten validation from all she looked around for the one who hadn't said a word. Shiva. She raised her eyebrows as if in anticipation when he held his hand on his heart and closed his eyes, tilted his head slightly to the side smiling as if indicating that her performance was heart touching. She could feel her cheeks turning red and before she could say something, Sameer and her committee friends pulled her into their group hug and they started dancing around her and Sameer for a job well done.

A few students passing by were commenting, "Sameer aur Raavi ek saath kitna acche lagte hai na" causing Shiva to feel a little uneasy at the thought. He manages to ignore their remarks by primarily shifting his gaze on Raavi who was now giggling and clapping as her friends dance around her.

Seeing her smile brought a sense of joy in him and soon he was smiling too. 

Once they were done, Raavi rejoined them to continue their conversation when Riddhi came interrupting saying, "Raavi chal na, abhi committee ne fest ke event ke success ki khushi mein party karne ka plan kiya hai, tu chal humaare saath" trying to drag her when Dhara called out saying, "Raavi woh actually party—" only to be cut off by Shiva saying, "Haan Raavi, tu apne friends ke saath enjoy karna, Krish bhi yahin rahega, toh woh party ke baad tujhe safely ghar chod dega" indicating to his Bhabhi not to say anything.

This compelled her to go with Riddhi when she wasn't sure if she even wanted to go with them. Regardless, Raavi thanked every one of them for coming and bid them bye as she was pulled away, looking at an equally subdued Shiva.

Shiva tried getting a last glimpse of her before leaving when Dhara pulled him by his arm asking, "Tune mujhe batane kyun nahi diya usse ki humne uske liye party arrange ki thi, dance performance ki khushi mein"

"Arrey, Bhabhi woh itni Khush lag rahi thi apne friends ke saath, usse unke saath enjoy karne dijiye na, party hum phir kabhi kar lenge" said Shiva unconvincingly.

"Arrey par Shiva woh sab setup" said Dhara making Shiva sigh.

"Aap tension mat lo, main jaake sab sameth loonga, aap ghar jaao" said Shiva reassuring her.

He messaged Krish asking him to take care of Raavi and that he was gonna wrap up all the party decor they had done.

——————At a park nearby———
Shiva is seen sitting on a chair in the middle of the park, looking a bit disappointed that Raavi couldn't make it to see all the arrangements of the party. He thinks about her performance, how happy she looked, how gracefully she had danced her way onto the stage. He had to admit as much as he despised Sameer, he did a good job at complementing his Chipkali. They both matched each other's energy well. He truly was happy to see her overjoyed today. As much Shiva wanted to clean up the place and remove all the decor, he hadn't had the heart to do so yet, he was just sitting on a chair looking sad that he couldn't even tell her, that her performance was out of this world. To say that she nailed it, would be an understatement. He knew she had stolen his heart a long time ago, but today she had stolen it all over again if that were even possible. She truly was Somnath ki Sabse Sundar Ladki.

Just as he thought this, he found her standing in front of him grinning like an excited kid.
"Raavi tu?" said Shiva getting up quickly, "Nahi nahi aisa nahi ho sakta, Raavi yahan kyun aayega tu fir se sapne dekhne lag gaya Shiva, thoda toh liyaaz rakh" muttered Shiva in denial.

"Shiva main sacch mein aayi hoon" said Raavi with a smile, shaking her head at his doubt.
"Haan ab mere sapne mein toh tu aise hi bolegi na" said Shiva rolling his eyes, still in desibelief when she pinched him in the arm and he went, "Ow, Chipkali kaat thi bhi hai" and then his eyes widened in shock that she was here in reality.

"Tu yahan kya kar rahi hai, tu toh apne doston ke saath chali gayi thi na?" asked Shiva questioningly.

"Ab yahan mere liye party rakhi gayi hai, toh mujhe toh aana hi tha na" responded Raavi non-chalantly stepping away to check out everything.

The park was lit up with fairy lights all over, with food spread across on one table filled with all her favorite items, Dhara Di's doing of course.

"Wow, kitna sundar lag raha hai sab, yeh sab tune kiya? Mere liye?" said Raavi with a twinkle in her eye.

"Nahi, pados waali Kanti Kaka ke liye!" mocked Shiva sarcastically.

"Shiva" she said annoyingly, punching him on his arm.

"Waise yeh party kis khushi mein?" asked Raavi curiously.

"Kis khushi mein matlab? Tune itna time baad aaj itna accha dance kiya, perform kiya stage, tu itni khush thi dance kar ke, toh teri khushiyon ko celebrate karna chahiye na" said Shiva looking at her sincerly.

"Haan woh baat alag hai ki baaki sab yahan nahi hai, kyun ki humein laga party cancel ho gayi, tu tujhe mere saath hi kaam chalana padega" added Shiva as she just looked at him in awe.

"Mujhe toh chalega, kitna sundar hai yeh sab, haaye" twirling around like a kid making Shiva chuckle."Chal ab cake bhi kaat lete hai" said Shiva coming up to her with a box containing cake in his hand. He placed it on the table near them, set it up, and lit some candles on it. The cake had the words "Proud of you, Raavi" iced on it.

"Congratulations Raavi" said Shiva while handing her the knife. She blew out the candles making a wish.He clapped the loudest as she cut the cake, she took a piece of it to feed him and he did the same.

"Waise tujhe kisne kaha ki main yahan hoon? Aur tu yahan aayi kaise" asked Shiva suddenly, raising his eyebrows.

"Shiva, woh actually...woh..main" fumbled Raavi.

To be continued......
==============================
Who do you think spilled the party plan to Raavi?

Well, Shiva is changing for the better, and Raavi's starting to see it again. Let me know what you guys think about the current ShiVi equation.